Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pvprincess2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 07:07 AM
    How can I convince my parents to change their minds?
    My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 13 months and I love him to death. However, my parents don't want me to have any contact with him. I'm 18 and I feel like I should be the one to decide what will happen. My parents have never done this before. I have been talking to my boyfriend still behind their backs and I don't want it to end. How can I convince my parents to back off?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 9, 2011, 10:22 AM
    What do they have against him? You may be 18, but are you dependent on them?
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2011, 11:32 AM
    I think before you can ask your parents to back off,you need to know their reasons.

Perhaps you could talk to them and find out why they feel so strongly against him.

They obviously have their reasons,however, I do think being that you are 18 you are entitled to some kind of explanation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 9, 2011, 03:55 PM
    Why all of a sudden has this happened, did something happen in the relationship ? ( abuse, sexual issue, pregnancy?}

Of course you are 18, and if you are in a society that allows you to, you merely move out, and do what you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How convince parents? [ 1 Answers ]

I am because and she is oc .I have no great background but her father has great infulence .and he likes her daughter very much what to do marry her .is he agree?

How to convince girlfriend parents about our marriage ? [ 4 Answers ]

We both are in a relationship since 2 years . We are deeply in love with each other . I am a south indian and she is a oriya . Initially both families were against . But it took me 1 year to convince my mom and dad about my love . Her parents are very strict and are against our relationship . The...

My gf's religion is change so how can I convince both parents? [ 3 Answers ]

We are classmates and after 1yr we completing graduation and thinking of convincing our parents but I know it would be too difficult to convince them so help me out.

How to convince my parents/partner [ 4 Answers ]

I am hindu age 20.. I am in love with a guy aged 27 hindu, and he belongs to sc... we hv to face problem such as 1. age differnce 2. caste community 3. height and colour 4. status 5. profession and finanacial background.. He wants to do register marriage as early as possible since my parents are...

How to convince my girlfriend parents [ 2 Answers ]

Actually this is very common questionhow can I want to convince my girlfriend parents to accept as there boy for whom they are looking for a girl. My girlfriend is under very tensed position because her parents are not accepting me as rite choice for her

View more questions Search