Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa1471 Posts: 181, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 7, 2011, 04:30 PM
    When someone has sciatic pain should they wear heels?
    I have a co-worker who always, and I do mean always, complains about their sciatic pain, yet they wear high heels.

Not only do they wear high heels, but they are always on their feet. I think she just likes complaining a lot, or wants someone to feel sorry for her, or maybe you can have a pinched nerve and walk around with high heels.

Then she's in chronic pain and says it gets to her emotionally. Could this be for attention, or is there something I'm missing? I don't know too much about it, but to me, if you're always in freaking pain, and complaining, why be up all the time?

Can someone explain sciatic to me please?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2011, 04:50 PM
    If you have pain in your sciatic area (the dimple in your behind where you can put your finger into the dimple) is where the pain seems to start from, you are in excruciating pain. Anyone who wears high heels would be in crippling pain that even the most powerful pain killers could not touch. I have had sciatic pain and I have a hard time just bending to sit on the potty getting up or down from a chair,etc, let alone wear high heels. I have had severe back problems for over 25 years and I cannot wear high heels at all. I must wear flat soled shoes. I get the pain every so often from lifting something too heavy for me. I don't take pain pills and just baby myself and the pain will go away eventually.

I think your coworker is fibbing about how severe the pain is. A pinched nerve would result in shooting pain down one of her legs.
    lisa1471 Posts: 181, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 7, 2011, 05:21 PM
    Well not only does she have sciatic pain, she's pregnant, which makes it worse. And she always limps in the office so we can see her. So she has to be putting this on for attention, no? Maybe she wants to get out of work now.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2011, 06:50 PM
    Pregnant and wearing high heels as well? Is this woman using any brains at all?

If she continues to wear high heels being pregnant she could easily fall down stairs or just teeter off balance and fall and seriously hurt herself in the office and then she could collect Worker's Comp for being injured on the job.

How old is this woman?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sciatic pain in hips and thighs [ 1 Answers ]

Physical therapy for sciatic pain , do I apply hot or cold after 7 days

Pain wear left leg joins near groin [ 2 Answers ]

Don't know if it is a groin pull or tear or something . Were my left leg joins near privates it doesn't have a constant pain only in quick movements (running can't do it ) the pain is real sharp. Setting, standing, walking all fine . Can't slide or push things sideways with left foot that is when...

Pain in heels of both feet [ 3 Answers ]

I've had heel pain for several months now. Went to the Doctor and they took x-rays, shows heel spurs forming in both feet. He says unfortunately, he can't send me to the foot doctor because they aren't big enough to do anything about. Well, I'm here to tell the world this pain is ridiculous. I...

Tips on wearing heels without too much pain. [ 12 Answers ]

Hi. I love wearing heels on a night out, the only problem is (as I'm sure we all know) after a while they kind of hurt! What are all of your tips on wearing heels without too much pain? This can be anything from types of shoes to the way we wear them! Anything is welcome!

View more questions Search