Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 09:53 PM
    Leather dye.
    I would like to change color of a leather recliner. It is leather only where you touch it. Other than that it is vinyl.
    This will be my first attempt and would like to know what products are out there and where to find them.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 01:00 PM
    You may have already found an answer to your question. However, if you have not, you will find an answer by following this link: Leather Care

The answer is down the page a bit, on the left side.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 03:28 AM
    What do you mean it is 'leather only where you touch it. Other then that it is vinyl'.

Vinyl can't be dyed as far as I know, it isn't porous like leather.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2007, 11:24 AM
    The seat, back, leg rest, and arms. Where your body touches when sitting. Sides, back of chair are not genuine leather.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Leather chairs in sunlight [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a wood dining room table with full back brown leather chairs (real leather). My concern is that my dining room has large windows and direct sunlight comes into this room for most of the day. During the day the chairs get extremely warm to touch. Is this bad for them?...

HELP needed for cleaning Suede leather [ 2 Answers ]

Got these cool lace up black leather "winter boots" (suede). Problem is I went to an outdoor event on the Solstice and got MUD ALL over them. How do I go about cleaning this? The mud was left to dry so I didn't rub it in more and make it worse, but they are still sitting my entry way because I...

Leather jacket [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a new leather jacket and the first time I wore it it left a black residue on my clothing. Is there anything I can do or will it stop after a while?

Leather Jacket woes [ 3 Answers ]

During a recent mixer my wife and I were given HELLO tags that you put on to your clothing to introduce yourself. Well she was wearing a leather jacket and placed the tag on the leather. When she removed the tag there was residue that had imbedded itself in the leather. We have not yet taken...

Working with leather [ 1 Answers ]

I need to work with leather. How do I get leather moulded/shaped (such as over a semi-sphere)? Do I merely heat the leather to shape it, but won't that stretch the leather? Also how is leather painted/colored on (with names, logos, etc, on it). Also, does anyone know any manufacturer that does...

View more questions Search