Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Enjoyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 08:30 AM
    ShareName is not accessible. You might not have permission
    <\\comp_asdf\ShareName_asdf> is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Access is denied.

This error occurs even if user "Guest" is granted "Read" permission and I'm sure that I've successfully logged in as guest:

"
    Computer User name Client Type Opens Idle time

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    \\192.168.110.___ GUEST Windows 2002 Serv 0 00:13:15
    "
    "
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>net share asdffdsa
    Share name asdffdsa
    Path D:\asdffdsa
    Remark
    Maximum users No limit
    Users
    Caching Manual caching of documents
    Permission ASDFDFAS\Guest, READ

The command completed successfully.
    "
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Oct 6, 2011, 11:58 AM
    Try mounting your share with a mount designation that is not commonly used for a CD/DVD or any other removable device you are usually safe with H:\\ or later also check your Group privileges. I never used a Guest account I have a series of accounts that I use in their place and if I need to give temporary access to someone I let them use one of these and disable it after their need for access is over(just a personal preference) Set up a user group called tempread give the group read only access to what ever shares you wish and make user accounts like access01, accesso2 then enable and disable the accounts as needed I do not like to assign rights to any individual user only groups.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

\computername is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this resource [ 10 Answers ]

We receive the attached error message when trying to connect to this one specific laptop. We cannot figure out why. We ruled out viruses. This computer is properly joined to the domain, and the account trying to connect to it has proper permissions to this resource. Any Ideas?

WORKGROUP is not accessible. You do not have permission. [ 1 Answers ]

Hiiiii I'm also have same problem but I got so many solution on it 1 . By restaring the services such as -workstation,server,network connection,net logon etc 2 . The very good solution is that ":IF U HAVE ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM INSTALL THEN SIMPLY DESABLE IT AND THEN TRY TO OPEN SHARE FOLDER THEN...

<Workgroup> is not accessible. You do not have permission. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a simple peer-to-peer workgroup setup in an office of 2 desktops and 2 laptops. All connect to the internet via an ADSL modem which is networked via a 5 port hub. There are no wireless connections. All can connect to the internet. The problem is 3 of the computers are unable to...

Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission [ 1 Answers ]

"Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact your server administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission No more connection can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections...

Computer is not accessible.You might not have permission [ 5 Answers ]

HELP!\\computer is not accessible.You might not have permission to use this network -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi all, I have two computers hooked on a router both running windows Vista. Both connect to the Internet fine. One computer...

View more questions Search