Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniferloar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2011, 06:37 PM
    I am wanting to transfer my probation and probation said no
    Felony on his record from 5 years ago. Once we get married, will they still be able to tell me I can't move with him?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2011, 06:39 PM
    They can stop you from even being around him, if you are on probation, you can be stopped from dating him. Marriage would be a violation of your probation.

Oct 5, 2011, 06:53 PM
    I asked my lawyer and she said they can't stop me from getting married. I don't know, I'm not trying to get in trouble. But shouldn't they stop holding peoples past records against them after awhile of not being in trouble? I mean, this is crazy!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2011, 07:01 PM
    My son did six months in prison for violation of probation for just sleeping over at his girl friends house that had a felony conviction after being told not to be with her.
    That was in GA.

Did your attorney say that he would rep you for free if they violated your probation

Oct 5, 2011, 07:08 PM
    That is really crazy! I don't know what to do. I'm going to talk to other lawyers about it and ask my probation officer before I do anything. When I first asked to transfer, he said it would be different if we were married. IDK! Thanks for your help though. So,felonies must not ever go away?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2011, 06:35 AM
    Once you are off probation, it won't matter. Wait it out. The felony may not go away, but the conditions attached to your probation will as long as you comply for the period of your probation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of probation? Transfer probation? [ 0 Answers ]

Okay so my husband is on probation cause he owes 7,000 for a dui accident he had last year. He will be off probation as soon as he finishes paying but he has had some problems for the last 3-4 months. He relapsed on drugs and was basically in the streets this whole time and hasn't checked in to...

Transfer of probation [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to transfer my probation from the state of Michigan to the state of Texas?

Probation transfer. [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently on felony probation and I was wondering if ir is possibible to get my probation transferd out of state. I was wanting to move from Taylor,Mi and move to Columbia city,In where I have a home lined up and a job.

Wanting to visit family in UK while on probation [ 1 Answers ]

Well I have recently have gotten in trouble with the law but nothing severe. I was hoping to travel to England to visit my sister in college. My court case in a week. My soon to be PO told me to research the boarder regulations. I will only be gone for 5-6 days. I thought though that the PO should...

View more questions Search