Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raj1920 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2011, 12:41 AM
    Can a landlord sell a property whilse I still live in the property.
    I have renting from a estate agent for 2 years,During this time the landlord has die and the property went to some in the family, They have now sold this property whiles I am still renting it.Now the new owner want me out. What could I do? Would this new owner give me back my deposit?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 5, 2011, 03:13 AM
    Yes, they can sell the property, but depending on local laws (ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. ) they probably have to honor your lease. If you have an expired lease and are renting month to month then they still have to give you at least one month's notice. They are responsible for the return of your deposit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Right to sell property in a partnership [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a investment property (lot) in Florida. I have a unofficial partner who contributes 50% of all payments. However, the deed and loan is solely under my name only. The reason being, my partner has bad credit and besides he could not afford to make payments. So, I got myself into this...

Landlord selling property however property is vacant [ 5 Answers ]

I moved out mid way through a 12 month contract having agreed with the landlord that I would continue to pay the rent and re-letting fees whilst they searched for another tenant to take over the property. However after 6 weeks they have now decided to sell the house and are no longer looking to...

Landlord and loose dog on leased property, doesn't property go with the lease house? [ 31 Answers ]

I lease a house that has a front yard and a backyard and a legal apartment off to the side. My landlord and his dog live in his apt in the garage that I do not think is legal. When we moved in he told us he would be moving in a few months. Before he moved he let his big german sheperd mix run...

View more questions Search