Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leslann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2011, 02:38 PM
    Free accounting homework help?
    Kenny Corp. a capital goods manufacturing
    Business that started on January 4, 2007, and operates on a calendar-year basis, uses the installment-sales
    Method of profit recognition in accounting for all its sales. The following data were taken from the 2007
    And 2008 records.
    2007 2008
    Installment sales $480,000 $620,000
    Gross profit as a percent of costs 25% 28%
    Cash collections on sales of 2007 $140,000 $240,000
    Cash collections on sales of 2008 ?0? $180,000
    The amounts given for cash collections exclude amounts collected for interest charges.
    Instructions
    (a) Compute the amount of realized gross profit to be recognized on the 2008 income statement, prepared
    Using the installment-sales method.
    (b) State where the balance of Deferred Gross Profit would be reported on the financial statements
    For 2008.
    (c) Compute the amount of realized gross profit to be recognized on the income statement, prepared
    Using the cost-recovery method.
    (CIA adapted)

Check out some similar questions!

Free accounting homework help? [ 13 Answers ]

An adjusting entry for prepaid insurance was not recorded for the first 3 months of the year at $500 per month.Explain the impact of the missing journal entry on the financial statements of the company.

Accounting Free Homework Help? [ 3 Answers ]

Multiple-step income statements show?

Free accounting homework help? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I post Accounting for uncollectible accounts using the allowance method and reporting receivables on the balance sheet. Accounts Receivable 146,00 Allowance for uncollectible accounts (credit balance) 3,300 Dec 28th wrote off accounts reeivable as uncollectible 1,700, 1,000, 400 Dec 31st...

Accounting homework help free? [ 0 Answers ]

Dream Sewing Machine Company uses activity-based costing to account for its Manufacturing process. Following are the four activities identified with the process and Their budgeted costs for the month of December Total Budgeted Activity Cost Allocation Base Materials handling $55,000 Number...

Accounting homework help free [ 1 Answers ]

The question no is 5. And the problem lies in calculating additional information 2. Pardon me for I cannot provide you the question so I will have to give you the link. http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/Cambridge%20O%20Levels/7110%20-%20Principle%20of%20Accounts/7110_s09_qp_2.pdf It is for...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.