Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toms63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Carrier 2 Stage Gas Furnace Code 33
    We are having trouble last couple of days now that temp is near 0. The thermostat is calling for heat the furnace runs as follows. It runs on low stage for about 16 minutes and then the high stage turns on for a couple of minutes. The burner then shuts off and the blower shuts off and there is an error code 33 (limit switch). It resests in a minute or so and starts the whole thing over. Thermostat is never satisfied, set to 70, and house stays between 58 and 63 depending on night or day.
    Is this furnace over heating because it is undersized for old drafty house?
    Can the 2nd stage run until thermostat is satisfied or is it always going to hit the high limit under these continuous run conditions? It seems like the burner would have to run for hours straight to heat up the house enough to satisfy thermostat.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Feb 4, 2007, 06:44 PM
    First thing I would check is the filter. Make sure it's not clogged. Is the blower coming on and is there a good amount of air coming from the vents? It would not overheat unless the filter, the "A" coil or other ductwork is clogged. This is IF the blower is operating as it should...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Gas Furnace [ 9 Answers ]

My Carrier 58SS gas furnace starts up and lights up the burners and operates normally for 2 minutes, then the burners shut down but the igniter and pilot light continue indicating the thermostat is requesting the furnace to heat up the house. I changed thermostats to see if that was the problem...

Carrier 58ssb gas furnace problem [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace will not keep running. After approx 10 minutes of normal burning, the burners flame out and then re-ignite over and over again (about 1 second on/ 1 second off) and the gas valve can be heard clicking on and off. If the furnace is allowed to cool and turned back on the process repeats...

No heat, blower runs constantly, carrier gas furnace [ 7 Answers ]

This am we I got up the blower on my carrier series 100 gas furnace (approx 10 years old)was running and blowing out cold air. Even with the thermostat turned to off the blower runs constantly. The only way to stop the blower from running is to turn the switch on the side of the furnace to off or...

View more questions Search