Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    welink Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 05:18 PM
    Irvine company 30 day notice?
    The Irvine Company says I have to sign their 30 day notice form. It protects them but leaves me with no rights whatsoever. There is nothing wrong with my apartment that they should have any issue with when I leave, but that's not the point. They have their employees so brainwashed that the girl at the leasing desk said that not only could she not take my form (from the State of California website) and that she'd never had this problem before but that their lawyer was there to protect us as tenants too. Brilliant!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2011, 06:50 PM
    More details are necessary. What notice? What are you terminating etc.

Oct 3, 2011, 07:03 PM
    I am not renewing my lease at an Irvine Company apartment property in California. I fully intend to give them 30 days notice in writing. The office worker told me they would only accept the Irvine Company's form, as I stated before.

Oct 3, 2011, 07:13 PM
    I doubt if that is legal. But what about their form don't you like?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2011, 07:16 PM
    I agree with Scott, unless your lease says that you are required to use their form. I doubt they can require that.

Oct 3, 2011, 07:25 PM
    The 30 day notice is written in such a way that I release any rights I have. It seems like a legaleze document to keep my entire deposit and leave me with no recourse. If you look online many people say they do just that for the slightest reason i.e. repainting a wall, cleaning and the like. They have deep pockets and some say you can't win. I haven't rented in a long time so I am just looking to CMA as well as get back most, if not all of my deposit.

Oct 4, 2011, 03:06 AM
    You cannot since away your rights, so it certainly sounds like this is not legal. Send them your notice by certified mail or overnight courier so you have a record of sending and receipt. If they don't like it, let them try to go to court on this. I can't imagine any legal support for requiring the use of their form.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Landlord give me a 3-Day notice plus a 30 Day notice to quit all at once? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I need to please know what is the legal procedure to an eviction notice? My fiancé and I and my 3 children use to live in Buena Park in Orange County and we still currently work in Orange County and comute Mon-Fri about 1hr and 15mins each way. When we heard from a far away causing...

Give a 30 day notice then 4 days later served with a 3 day vacate notice [ 6 Answers ]

I was served with a 30 day notice for a termination of Lease on June 9th. By my landlord for late payments. Then on June 15th I was served with a notice to pay or vacate with in 3 days by my landlord. Can he do this? I am not even a month late on this months rent.

Received a 60 day notice to vacate - do I need to give a 30 day notice? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! The rental property is in cupertino, California. I received a 60 day notice to vacate as the new owner wants to remodel the property. As I have a house that I had bought and was also renting this unit I would like to vacate within 15 days and move all my stuff? Question - Am I...

View more questions Search