Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Floppy6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 05:55 AM
    How to mend cut electrical cable?
    I have an electric reclining chair and my pet rabbit has chewed through the wire going into the chair> how can this be repaired? Thank you. Maureen
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 3, 2011, 06:16 AM
    Cut some of the insulation back with a razor blade or very sharp knife. Twist each copper wire onto it's former connecting wire. Carefully wrap electrical tape (not any other kind) around EACH of the two wires so that they don't come in contact with each other. Test the chair. Then wrap tape around all of it, again very thoroughly.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Oct 3, 2011, 06:56 AM
    BEFORE doing anything unplug the chair from the mains!

If possible I would use an electrical connector block. This is a "plastic" item that provides connector points for the electrical wires, which should be available from all good radio and TV stores or an electrical wholesaler. Cost £3-5 / US$5-8

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to cut bx cable? [ 2 Answers ]

How to cut bx cable without a hacksaw

Have cable, but TV will not show or stay cut on, what's up? [ 1 Answers ]

It's a Phillips Magnavox about 10 yrs old. Should I just junk it or repair it?

Can telephone cable and television cable put in one electrical conduit [ 5 Answers ]

Can telephone cable and television cable put in one electrical conduit?

Electrical Cable [ 1 Answers ]

What are all the Type tests and Routine tests doing in Heavy Duty Electric Cable(1100 V), and also Testing Procedures of above tests? What are all the Type tests and Routine tests doing in XLPE Cables and also Testing Procedures of the above tests?

How to extend electrical cable? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to move an existing cable for a bathroom vanity. The existing light is a strip light so the cable comes through the middle of the wall to the middle of the fixture. The new light will be 18" to the right of the current location but the cable isn't long enough to be re-routed. Is there a...

View more questions Search