Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathryn Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2004, 01:12 PM
    Using Word
    I have Windows 98 and I want to know how to make templates for different size paper and different margins. Please make it simple, as I have tried about 3 hours and cannot get it right, and thank you so much for your help
    Kathryn Klenk
    [email protected]
    I write a lot of letters and copy recipes on cards. And I cannot change the size of paper and margins, from one to another. Do I use the "default" when I am trying to make a template, instead of a document, instead of just clicking "O.K.
    /thanks again.
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Oct 12, 2004, 11:40 PM
    I think that the best thing you can do is to use the help function of word. Search for "templates". It will guide you step by step. People who do not see what is shown on your display are in a very bad position to guide you. Even more because different versions of word (may) have different options.
    Start point to work with templates is "File-New-" and here (on the pop-up) you choose "template" instead of "document" to modify or to create one.
    Alternatively, you can choose "document" with a readymade layout that fits your needs (use the "preview" button to see what it looks like).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capitalizing Every Word [ 37 Answers ]

What's Up With Some People Capitalizing Every Word In A Sentence? :D I've noticed this in some posts, and I'm wondering if it has a special meaning in cyberculture, similar to the way using ALL CAPS signifies shouting. I have to admit it's slightly annoying to read and very annoying to type! :p

New word for us to add... [ 7 Answers ]

We have TRUST, RESPECT, COMPROMISE, (What did I miss?? ) New word to add... very important... BALANCE!! You need balance in the relationship to make it work. Give the person space... Everyone needs other things in life... not just the relationship... balance includes being gwith your...

His Word [ 3 Answers ]

First, please forgive the length of this post. I do not wish to "attack" or offend anyone. Rather this is a plea for accuracy and consideration to Him who is the Creator. When one takes time to study The Bible in several of it's translations, and particularly in it's original languages of...

MS Word - multiple instances of the same word? [ 1 Answers ]

In MS Word, is there a way to highlight a section of text and get some sort of read on which words appear the most often? Thanks Paul

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search