Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbaven Posts: 153, Reputation: -4

Oct 2, 2011, 12:01 PM
    How can you tell that swelling is gone from your face after jaw sugregy?
    Because I want to know?

Oct 2, 2011, 12:04 PM
    How long is the recovery time for an arches bar removal from your teeth?
    Because I have school the next day and I don't want to miss any days of school.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 12:22 PM
    When your face goes back to normal; when each side is the same. Swelling is puffy looking; when the puffiness is gone.

Tick

Oct 2, 2011, 12:30 PM
    Why can't I gain any pound in after jaw sugregy?
    I had jaw surgery in August 17,2011. It was a months already and I stop drinking soup. I am eating mashed potato, rice, and maconi and cheese. When I was drinking soup. I loss 7 pound. I was lo5 pound and now I am 99 pounds.

Oct 2, 2011, 12:34 PM
    If it is puffy, but soft what does mean?
    Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 12:39 PM
    You are on a soft diet because of the surgery; I imagine you will start gaining your weight back when you resume your usual diet.

Tick
    Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lbaven View Post
    if it is puffy, but soft what does mean?
    It means it is swollen.

Oct 2, 2011, 12:43 PM
    But how long will it take so my swellon will go down when it is still puffy and soft like this?

Oct 2, 2011, 12:45 PM
    I want to know, can a flu shot damage my jaw after jaw suregy?
    Because I want to know.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 2, 2011, 12:50 PM
    I've merged your threads. Please don't start multiple threads over the same issue.

Also the title is to be used to briefly describe what your post is about. Don't use it to ask your question. An appropriate title would be Effects of surgery on jaw

We know you want to know the answer, otherwise why would you post the question.

Oct 2, 2011, 12:54 PM
    But this about my jaw. My jaw is the major topic and everything also is minor details. Why it is a big deal with you?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 2, 2011, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lbaven View Post
    but this about my jaw. My jaw is the major topic and everything also is minor details. Why it is a big deal with you?
    Exactly, this is about your jaw so all your questions about your jaw should be in one thread, instead of spreading them out in different threads. This helps you by allowing us to see all the details together to help you better.

This is a big deal to me because, as a moderator on this site, it is part of my responsibility to see that the site is used as efficiently as possible.

Oct 5, 2011, 09:20 AM
    Can I wash my hair at a hair salon after jaw suregy?
    Because I had jaw suregy since August 17,2011. I am scare when they are washing my hair they going damage my mouth. I want to wash my hair on October 1,2011 but I hestiate didn't do it.

Oct 5, 2011, 09:22 AM
    Why can't I eat meat after jaw suregy?
    My suregon say when abiout eight weeks, you can eat meat. I am in the sixth week of recovery. So I wondering to know can I eat meat?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 5, 2011, 09:25 AM
    You have two weeks to wait before you are allowed to eat meat. Be patient. Then you will eat only tender meat like chicken or turkey, cut it into small pieces, and chew on the "good" side of your mouth.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 5, 2011, 09:30 AM
    Red meats and pork are harder to digest and require lots of chewing, or your digestive tract is working overtime to break down the tough proteins. Ask if you can start with hamburger, if you crave beef so much.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2011, 10:25 AM
    Yes, of course you can have your hair washed. Remind the beautician (I would not have the shampoo person wash my hair following surgery) that you had surgery a month and a half ago and ask her to be gentle. I would be more afraid of the hair dryer than the shampoo.

Unless your Physician tells you NOT to have a professional wash your hair I'd take a deep breath and get it done.
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2011, 10:26 AM
    The Doctor said to wait 8 weeks, correct?

You are now at the 6 week mark.

The answer appears to be to wait 2 more weeks (unless I'm missing something).
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2011, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Exactly, this is about your jaw so all your questions about your jaw should be in one thread, instead of spreading them out in different threads. This helps you by allowing us to see all the details together to help you better.

This is a big deal to me because, as a moderator on this site, it is part of my responsibility to see that the site is used as efficiently as possible.

There are at least 3 new threads regarding jaw sugregy (surgery). These should be combined.

I also note the continuing use of "because I want to know."
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2011, 10:38 AM
    Disagrees are for incorrect FACTUAL information. What about my answer don't you like? The Doctor said to eat meat in 8 weeks. It's now 6 weeks. You wanted to know how much longer before you can eat meat.

I think it's rather simple math.

Not picking on you, but it's surgery, not suregy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't figure out my face shape and I want to get my hair cut to suit my face [ 5 Answers ]

The measurements of my face are: Widest part of cheekbones (cheekbone to cheekbone) - 9 inches Widest part of jaw (widest part on the left to widest part on the right) - 8 inches Widest part of forehead (" ") - 8 inches Length of face - 7 inches It says my face shape is square but it...

Should I get on a plane and find out what happened face to face? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I was in a relationship with a girl I met through World of Warcraft(pc game) for about three years until the 4/11/09 when I she ended it, over msn. She is Norwegian, I'm English. She was 16 when I met her and I was 17. I'm now 21 and she is 19. We've spent a lot of time together....

Swelling below right ear and jaw bone [ 2 Answers ]

I was sitting at work and I got this horrible pain under my right ear. A little on the jaw bone. The pain was so bad that I felt like I just got punch on the side of my face. Since then, I've had swelling under my ear and behind the jaw bone. It even hurts to touch the area. Is this a ear...

View more questions Search