Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    borstlap123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2011, 09:38 AM
    Why does my TV keep switching itself off?
    I have had my Samsung 46" plasma for at least 5 years,every time I put my ps3 on,it swithes the TV on/off.I tried 5 new hdmi cables and got a new ps3 and it still does it.it funny my xbox works fine on it.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 10:00 AM
    Are you using a infrared controller or a wireless controller with your PS3?
    borstlap123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2011, 10:06 AM
    I have a wireless controler
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by borstlap123 View Post
    i have a wireless controler
    That may be the problem. Have you tried using the old style (wired) and see if it happenes with that?

If it doesn't you have found the problem.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2011, 01:58 PM
    Turn off HDMI-CEC. You'll find it labeled as AnyNet on the TV's settings.

Also turn off HDMI control in the PS3's options.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching thermostats [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I bought a new globe thermostat to replace an old mercury one. I have 6 wires, the C,G,Y,W are no ploblems but it is the O (orange wire) and X (purple wire that confuses me. The new thermostat is the 59010 globe model. I suspect the orange is for the heat pump that I think I have and...

2 way switching [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Ive reciently converted my attick into a bedroom and at the moment there is a 1gang 2 way switch in there. I need to get a switch at the bottom of the stairs. What do I do? The switch in the attick has the feed to it. I've put a 3 core twin and earch cable in but don't no how to connect it...

Switching from one to another [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a new computer about 7 months ago and it has the new Windows Vista Home Basic. It's okay but I'd rather have my Windows XP back. Is there a simple way to remove the Vista and program XP on my computer?

Switching Windows [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone switched a system from like a Windows 2000 to a Windows XP? How would you go about doing this? Or lets say I have a Vista basic Hom edition and I want XP, how would I go about doing this. Any help is appreciated.

Switching Medication [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was using the acne medication Differen. I know that it takes serval months for Differen to take full effect. I used it for about 3 months, it worked wonders! Just yesterday, I switched to a new medication, Tretinoin. I'm wondering will I have to wait months for this medication to...

View more questions Search