Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Oct 2, 2011, 06:33 AM
    Using candles in hotel
    I'd like to bring three tealights to Travelodge, specifically for a romantic stay with my partner.

I'm just wondering how to do so without setting off a fire alarm! Will it set it off just having them lit, or is it just when I blow them out that I need to watch out? Would it help to lean out the window to extinguish them? (Don't worry, they're safety latched, you can only get an arm out haha)

Has anyone done so? Got any tips?

I've searched on the internet for other people asking this question but I'm still not really satisfied. I don't want to email the company and ask, as it will surely just be a "No, don't do that".

X Dani
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 06:48 AM
    Float the tealights in an appropriate dish of water, maybe use some petals. I have done what you are planning to do with no problems at all. You don't have to hang out a window to extinguish the tealights, that's kind of silly.

Tick
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Oct 2, 2011, 07:06 AM
    Should I extinguish them using said water? It's the 'after-smoke' I'm most wary of.

Thank you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 07:26 AM
    If latter you are done with them, why not extinguish them in the bath room with the exhaust fan going.

But I have used candles in many motel rooms for years and never had any issues
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DaniCalifornia View Post
    Should I extinguish them using said water? It's the 'after-smoke' i'm most wary of.

Thank you!
    Smoke from the tea lights is negligible. There won't be enough to worry about. As Chuck stated, take them in the bathroom, but they will be out in no time at all by themselves anyway; they burn themselves out.

I don't know what you are worried about. No, I didn't mean you should use the water they are floating in. A large ornamental dish with water and the tea lights floating in it is a decorative item.
    Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asking hotel permission to send our therapits to provide service in the hotel room [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Sir, I want to introduce our spa business to a hotel group and would like to put our brochure there. Further I want to send my staff to that hotel to provide room service, if the hotel clients needs the massage. how can I ask permission to the hotel management and to whom I have to write. I...

Crafts for candles [ 3 Answers ]

I have a candle business and I am looking for craft ideas to help sell and decorate candles. I have pattern for votive roses but would like to do more. Thank you

Candles [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get the rest of the wax out of a candle after burning it down?

Candles [ 3 Answers ]

hiya, ;D I have a re coursework and I need to know what is the purpose of candles in a R.C church?? Thanks x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

View more questions Search