Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley1522 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2011, 06:00 PM
    Am I adopted or not?
    This is my story! When I was young my aunt told me that I was adopted but I didn't believe her. But now when I think about it I think I might be adopted.I never really got any love from my family that I should've got. My brother and sister always tease me that I am adopted. Am the youngest in my family and I don't get any love from anyone except my mom(only sometimes). I always feel left out and I feel like nobody cares about me it hurts me so much when I think about this. My dad doesn't like me at all I don't know why? Like every time he's playing around with my brother and sister, and when I go mess with him he always yells at me. When ever I touch him he always yells at me and says don't touch me. I get so hurt whenever I try to play with my dad he always tells me to go away. I never got my dads love. I really wish he cared about me and loved me because I do care about him and I want him to love me too like he's little girl. He always curses at me and says so hurtful stuff to me. When I was little and my brother or sister would hit me and I tell my mom she didn't say or do anything to them in fact she would hit me too. One day me and my sister were playing around and we were fighting and when my mom came home from work my grandmother told her that we were fighting and she was mad she came in our room and started beating me up and she didn't do anything to my sister. After that she dragged me downstairs and made me do all the chores and every one was laughing at me when I was crying no one cared about me and I was 10years old. I still remember everything they done to me they would beat me even if I didn't anything or it wasn't my fault. When I need money I ask my dad he always says that I don't any money or whatever but when my sister or brothers needs it he always gives it to them. They always treat me differently and they make me feel like I am adopted. I been through so much in my life but still no body cares. I always cry and talk to myself because there isn't anyone who wants to listen to me its all bs to them. But they don't know how hurt I am. There's never anyone who cares to ask me why am crying or why am sad? No one.. My life is been like this for 6years. I'm 16 now and still taking this from my family. I pray to god that they change and love me but no I guess the god doesn't want to listen to me either. My brother and sister always get together and they leave me alone. They always fight with me and don't talk to me for days. I am always there for every one but no one is ever there for me. My brother n sister are not talking to me right now and its sad because we share a room and they are always talking to each other and I have no one to talk to. I cry almost every day n night and my heart hurts so bad when I think about every thing. I feel like they don't care or love me in fact I feel like they feel bad for me that's all. Sometimes I feel bad for myself too because I don't have anything in my life. All I ever wanted was that my family would love me especially my dad. But this will never happen because they all hate me cause I'm not there own. All I want to know is the truth either am adopted or not. Well put yourself in my shoes and see if you get where am coming from or understand my feelings. Please let me know what you guys think? I'm so confused. I wish no one should ever go through what I had to go through whole my life.. All I have is pain that's all. Please if you read this let me know what you think and what should I do. Or give me any advice on what you think about this!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 1, 2011, 06:05 PM
    Actually, if you had been adopted, they would love you and show it.

Many families use one of their own natural children as a scapegoat. You might be that one in your family.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 1, 2011, 06:22 PM
    Yes, just sounds like a. a normal family, you are loved but just don't think you are. Brothers and sisters are mean and when they know something bothers you, pick and pick and pick. They will beat you every day, but in the end normally love you more than you know.

b. you parents don't know how to show you love.

But an adopted child is normally loved more, because they went and picked that child, not just got pregnant and had to take what they got.

Often things happen, affairs, illness or other issues and for some reason a child is blamed for something happening.

Have you sat down with your parents and talked to them
    Taeylah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2011, 07:17 AM
    Ashley. Im adopted myseld and have been exaclty what you have. My family never cared for me. Even though I was a straight A student. Whenever I got a job, my 'Mother' would use my money for alcohol and drugs. I decided to secretly get a job without them knowing. When I was 12 I found dance. I practiced as hard as I could every day and did street battles, usually winning them and earing some extra money on the side. At 16 I ran away from home and enrolled into the best dance academy in the country. I tracked down my real family and found out that they were worse than my old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

I want to be adopted [ 1 Answers ]

Im 24 yrs old Im employed however Iam just longing for family LOVE,I long for PARENTAL GUIDANCE, sisters ,brothers and all the warmth a family can offer I bore with relationships because I always feel betrayed.

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

WAs I adopted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to find out if I was adopted because I think my teacher is my mom? Follow your instincts How do I find out if I was adopted?

How do I know if I was adopted [ 1 Answers ]

Ask your parents.

View more questions Search