Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NancyKulp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 09:47 AM
    Connecting cable TV, dvd and vcr
    I have cable TV coming into the house. Want to hook up a DVD player and a VCR to the TV with cable, howis this done.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 7, 2007, 08:28 AM
    If it's a standard VCR, then you connect incoming cable TV to the VCR's ANT.IN or RF IN. Then connect another cable from the VCR's TV OUT or RF OUT to your TV's ANT.IN or RF.IN. The VCR will have a switch to select an output channel (i.e. ch 3 or ch 4). Tune your TV to the corresponding channel. You will need an extra coaxial cable for the VCR to TV connection.

The DVD player can connect to the TV using whatever audio/video connection that is compatible with your TV. For example, if your TV has only yellow, red and white jacks, then connect the corresponding colors from the DVD player (i.e. yellow to yellow, red to red, white to white). This will give you the lowest quality video available. Red and White are Right and Left audio signals respectively. This audio/video cable will normally be included in the box with the DVD player.

If your TV has S-video input, then connect the DVD using a S-video cable. This will give you a better picture. Red will still go to red, white to white.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect LCD TV, DVD/VCR and Cable [ 2 Answers ]

I have Direct TV box and would like to connect a Sharp LC20S2U LCD TV and a JVC HR-XVC37U DVD/VCR. I want to be able to watch TV while the VCR is recording another station. I also have a separate outdoor Antenna that gets very good reception for local stations. I would like to be able to use that...

Connecting DVD recorder to Satellite AND cable box [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new panasonic DVD recorder that I am trying to connect to both my Satellite box (for international channels) and my Charter Cable DVR. I have been trying to do this for over a week now and cannot get it to work properly with the Charter Cable DVR. I get the lower channels but not the HD...

Dish,vcr,dvd,cable to TV shcematic/instructions,please. [ 2 Answers ]

Plus no signal at all after several variations of connecting the dvd, even directly with no other connections, acts like it's working! can I just put a splitter on the TV coxial jack for the vcr/dish connection? Cable plugs into dish receiver, and works well, all componants is good condition and...

Hooking up dvd/vcr recorder to a TV with digital cable [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to hook up a dvd/vcr(Pioneer) recorder to a digital cable box with a Panasonic lcd TV.

Connecting DISH with TV and VCR [ 1 Answers ]

Just got Direct TV - but now can't record TV with the VCR. Wife is ready to divorce me as she is missing her SOAPS - HELP HELP HELP - Direct TV is no support - their manual Does not even include a sample hookup showing a VCR. I need specific directions an idiot can follow that tells what...

View more questions Search