Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mrs.bradley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2011, 07:05 PM
    What do your grades to be to take a test to skip a grade?
    I am in 7th grade but I'm supposed to be in 8th grade this school year what do my grades have to be to take a test at the board of education/
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 30, 2011, 07:10 PM
    Two questions:
    What country?
    Why do you say you were supposed to be in 8th grade?

Also, usually skipping grades is arranged between years, not after they have started.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 30, 2011, 07:15 PM
    This will vary depending on the school system. You need to talk to your guidance counselor at school.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 30, 2011, 07:36 PM
    First many school systems seldom if ever skip grades, Your parents will need to go and speak to the school system.
    And when it is done, it is almost always done at the end of the year, so you have the summer to prep for those things you will miss out on.

It gets harder as you go into Jr High and High School as many of the areas of math and the such build form the year before. So not only will your current grades have to be near perfect, you will have to also study the material, that they year ahead is also learning.

They may look at the end of the year test, some systems use those like the CAT test but all use some type normally.
    So you will have to be in the 90's, most likely high 90's on it, and then take the test for the next year and get a solid passing score on it.

** I have known a few students who have done this.

So why are you not in your current grade you are "suppose" to be in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I skip a grade [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the 8th grade I got held back in the 1st grade and I wanted to know what summer stuff I can take to get to my right grade?

I failed two grades how do I skip to my right grade [ 3 Answers ]

I have failed two grades and I'm 15 in the 8th grade where do I go to try to skip up to my right grade ?

Can I skip my child to 6 grade to be in her right grade [ 2 Answers ]

My child work very hard she and the fourth grade need to be and fifth she feeling sad that next year she want be and six grade I do to. Can she go to summer school and skip a grade

How can I skip a grade? [ 3 Answers ]

I really want to skip 8th grade and move on to high school because I am basically the oldest. I flunk 3rd grade but science than my grades have been pretty good except for 1 report card I got a 60 in one class and 70s ,but I ussually get 80s and 90s even 100s. I think I was going through a really...

My son,13,is in the 6th grade for the 2nd time. Is there a test to skip to the 8th? [ 3 Answers ]

My son, 13, is in the 6th grade for the second time. He was held back in the 1st grade. Is there a test to skip to the 8th in GA?

View more questions Search