Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanda2k11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2011, 04:57 PM
    Hardness of water
    25.00mL of a tap water sample is titrated with 5.00 x 10^-3M EDTA solution.6.25mL is required to the endpoint .what is the hardness of the water in ppm
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2011, 11:11 PM
    Try it out yourself first. Write the equation for the reaction taking place and try to get the answer. Is you still have problems, come back and show what you tried so that we may know what is your exact problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Severe stomach bloating and hardness [ 11 Answers ]

For about a week, maybe longer, I have been experiencing severe bloating in my upper stomach. It looks like I'm pregnant. My stomach is harder than a rock and it hurts from being so stretched out. At night I have to sleep with a pillow under my belly so it won't hurt. And it is making me have to...

Calculate the ppm CaCO3 hardness of a water sample [ 1 Answers ]

The calcium hardness of a water sample is found by complexation of Ca2+ with excess EDTA and back-titrating the excess with MgCl2. A known amount of EDTA (0.0100 M, 25.00 mL) is added to a 20 mL aliquot of the water sample. (Y is used to symbolise the EDTA molecule) Ca2+(aq) + Y4-(aq) <->...

Swollen stomach with hardness [ 3 Answers ]

I have noticed that my bowel movements which used to be once a day are now sporatic coming once every three days. My stomach looks like it is all puffed up and feels like jello, and I have a hardened area about 3 inches above the belly button area. It feels a little sensitive when I push down on...

Aquarium water hardness [ 1 Answers ]

My aquarium water tests out as very hard. I use well water that is in an area known for lime content. I add water to the tank that has been run through a Brita filter. Can I use aquarium salt to soften the water?

View more questions Search