Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Natpol Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 08:59 AM
    What's wrong with me
    Hi I really don't know what's wrong with me. I had a two day period this week after being 2and half weeks late. With every pregnancy symptom possible but 6 negative pregnancy tests and blood test.
    Iam normally regular and even after period I still have sore boobs, headache, back ache, sore calfs, cramping pains, feel very sick 24 hours a day, and soooooo emotional. Please come someone give me some advise.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 10:26 AM
    It is extremely difficult for anyone to diagnose this online. It could very well be possible that you are pregnant and it is too early in the pregnancy for you to get a positive test result. Since you mention a blood test, I can only assume that you have been to your gynecologist. I am surprised that he/she didn't do any follow up on this problem. Please ,make an appointment with your doctor again, first thing tomorrow, and insist that he follow up on this because you are getting worried. If he/she dismisses you, find another doctor. You have the right to know what exactly is going on.

I hope this helps a bit.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 4, 2007, 10:32 AM
    I totally agree with Ruby, I just want to add one thing.

The symptoms you say you are experiencing are normal with some women, and it can be called PMS. When women stress out over whether they are pregnant, sometimes these symptoms magnify.

Stress does terrible things to our bodies.

So, to set your mind straight, do as Ruby said... Contact your doctor and sit down and have him/her talk to you and explain why you are experiencing these symptoms. Think of the doctor as your employee. Without you paying for a visit, the doctor makes no money. If you don't like, or understand the response you get, fire the doc and find one who is right for you.

Now, with that said, the doctor is not always going to give you the response you WANT, but you at least deserve to get a response you understand.

Feb 4, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Thanks, my doctor said it was a virus but I didn't expect to still feel like this after a period. I can't believe I am pregnant as I have had so many negative tests. Does that really happen that I could be pregnant ? How is this possible, now I am really confused.
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Feb 4, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Blood work is 100%. You can not hide from that. If it's negative, it's negative. Do not focus on that and go back to your ob. It could be hormonal imbalance or something more serious. The wife started like that for a year and then suddenly had several periods last 7 full days... she finally was diagnosis with endometriosis. She has learned to leave it with, but her uterus is at 4-6 pregnant all the time. Total hysterectomy was the prognosis, but she refuses. Luckily we have kids already.

Feb 4, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Oh that's really interesting I had endometriosis for about 10 years before I had my daughter (who is now 4years old) and I have had no symptoms of it since then. I was told that pregnancy can get rid of it. My last two periods have been so light and only lasted 1-2 days that the endo thing never entered my mind.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Anything that is out of balance in your body, can cause your period to go wacko. Thyroid problems can also attribute to irregular periods or missed periods and symptoms that could be misleading as pregnancy symptoms(recently happened to a friend of mine) so if you are still concerned, see an ob/gyn and get an exam(even a second opinion if needed) as mentioned before, it is very rare for a blood test to be wrong. Occasionally it can be too early to show up on a blood test even (as also happened to a friend) but this is very rare, and shouldn't be counted on. Best wishes and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's Wrong With Me? [ 10 Answers ]

Everyone says the best way to move on from a ex is NO CONTACT. But what do you do when you have a child with them. My ex cheated on me while I was pregnant, wasn't supportive much through the pregnancy. Wanted the perks on becoming a father, but no reasponsibilty. Married a girl in another country....

What's wrong with me? [ 7 Answers ]

So I have been having sex for a while now I'm 21 and the only time I ever ad an orgasm was when I gave it to myself? I have never had an orgasm while having sex or even receiving oral sex... sum1 help me!!

What's wrong with me [ 5 Answers ]

My body has been acting weird for some months now. For the past 9 months I have been getting a repeated yeast infection each month and receiving medication. But for the past 2 months I haven't had a yeast infection but my periods have been really late. Last month I came down on my period on the 23...

What's wrong with me, someone help [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, lets see, I'm sixteen and in a relationship, have been for three months now. I believe him when he tells me he loves me, and for the first time in any relationship I don't have to ask myself if I love him, because I know the answer is yes. But I always have seconds thoughts in the back of my...

View more questions Search