Ask
    crystal.1991 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 08:48 PM
    Can someone help me get over my ex?
    I can't get over my ex.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 29, 2011, 08:50 PM
    What are your ages, how long have you been together. Did you break up or did he pass away.

Assuming you broke up, how long has it been ?

Have you stopped all contact with the other person

Sep 29, 2011, 08:54 PM
    I wad with my ex on and off since we were about 12 years old. I just turned 20 and him 21. We broke up about 6 months ago after he continuously cheated on me with this girl. I had nervous break downs, && even attempted suicide because of all this. The girl knew and didn't care she even told me while I was on suicide watch in the hospital god messed up, I should have died and he would have been with her. Now after we broke up amd I moved out of our house they moved in together and are having a baby. We live in a small town and I see them daily. She even blows me kisses and texts me still saying stuff. I really am doing my best but he wad my whole life and I don't know how to cope. :(
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2011, 09:06 PM
    OKAY
    1) Change your number so you DON'T get any more of that loser's texts

2) In time darlin' what happened to you will be biting HIM in the bum-- trust me!

3) Get a hold of yourself GIRL! You are a wonderful, beautiful, smart, strong, funny, creative, brilliant girl! You do NOT need to be knocking yourself down over some loser ex boyfriend-- PFFFFT good riddance to bad rubbish!

You are young-- don't become and old cranky lady now-- you've got another 60 years for that ;-)

Look you may miss him now but it's only human he was a big part of your life-- but he was an UGLY part of your life. That boy just cheated on you right and left and didn't care for you-- that doesn't sound like a good relationship to me. Sounds toxic.

Now if you burned your hand on a stove everyday and then stopped do you think you'd miss getting burned? No right? Well then don't miss that loser and be all mopey because of him.

This boy is hurting you whether he's with you or not-- how depressing.

Get out of this slump, go out, make friends, ditch the dumpy mood.

It's over. Now it's time for you to move on. Little town or not you can still move on! Work! Go to school! Get a good job! Heck even get yourself out of that little town and make something of yourself :-)

Love life-- don't kill yourself over some stupid boy. We are on this earth for a reason-- so go out and find your reason.

Sep 29, 2011, 09:26 PM
    Well I just started college. That was a big step because I didn't move from the couch. I got friends and I try to do things to keep my mind off it but we grew up together and everything I know is because of him. I don't really know who to be without him. I thought a year ago that would be me having babies and getting married. It kills me to know she's pregnant. :(
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2011, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal.1991 View Post
    well I just started college.
    Awesome! Focus on that!

that was a big step because I didn't move from the couch.
    Well I'm glad you did. How about fitness? Cardio not only burns fat but you get these awesome things called endorphins which help with being happy and staying happy!

I love to workout out not only because I feel happier I just have that extra bounce in my step.

Focus on a better you. Not a skinnier you... but just a healthier more beautiful you from the inside out :-)

I got friends and I try to do things to keep my mind off it
    Great! Friends are good!

Do you have a job? No? Get one. If you do awesome. Don't like it? Find a better one! Can't? Then start doing some volunteer work.

Volunteering can be once a week at a nursing home, at a humane society, at the heart & stroke foundation--- really anywhere.

Helping others is probably the best way to help yourself.

but we grew up together and everything i know is because of him.
    Oh please.

I grew up with this girl. We were tight like pfft.. we were just so close. And she decides to go with this druggy loser guy and has his kid. I don't talk to her or even see her anymore, and we've known each other way before we were even potty trained.

So yeah you grow up with someone and they are no longer a part of your life, it can suck, but sometimes it's a good thing because NEGATIVE people do not belong in your life.

Do you really prefer to be with an unstable man?

My grandpa used to tell me "it's better to be alone than to be in bad company". He's right.

I don't really know who to be without him.
    You know who you can be?

Yourself.

Have you always wanted to do something? Like dye your hair or chop it all off? Get a tattoo? Get a piercing? Go to the club? Learn how to pole dance-- yeah they have classes! And they are FUN!

Heck try new things-- learn to cook.. sign up for a cooking class. Sign up for rollerderby... try crossfit.

Try new things! Find out what you like!

... but always have safe sex. (Just sayin')

I thought a year ago that would be me having babies and getting married. it kills me to know she's pregnant. :(
    Pfft. Thank goodness. Imagine YOU with a baby-- you just started college.. IT'S ROUGH! I know so.

And him--- the cheating husband. What a great relationship you would have had. You would probably have more nights spent crying alone with a baby than happy with him.

Count your blessing girlfraaann!

Be happy. Move on. Stop being such a big puddle of sad goo. Life is great and no man should make you feel so low.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search