Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boboo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 08:02 PM
    How long can a kitten live with out food
    How long can a kitten live with out food?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 29, 2011, 08:11 PM
    Why?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2011, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by boboo View Post
    How long can a kitten live with out food?
    For days or even weeks. They would die a lot sooner if they are flea infested or have any diseases.

My question now is, why do you want to know? Have you run out of food for your cat? If so for pete's sake open up a can of tuna.
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Sep 29, 2011, 10:59 PM
    Cats need to eat something every 2 days at least. Unlike dogs, they start digesting body fat and it overloads the liver, causing problems that will hasten it's demise. Best find out why it isn't eating instead of worrying how long it can live without. To the vet...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my 6 week old kitten food aggressive? [ 1 Answers ]

I just adopted this 6 week old male kitten a few days ago. When I try to give him a treat or something like that, he bites me. He doesn't like when anything is close to his food bowl when he is eating. He has attacked my son when he saw him walking around with a piece of pizza. What can I do to...

I fed my kitten a bit of dry food and now her heart is beating fast [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I tried feeding my 1 month old kitten a little bit of dry food for 1month old kittens, I put 6 on my hand and she ate like 5 of them then she spit it 3 of them.. now her hearbeat is going really fast though she seems to be okay playing with her brother. What should I do?

Worm Farming-Live fish food [ 8 Answers ]

So I'm wanting to start ''worm farming'' with earthworms as a renewable source of live food for my fish. Is this safe? Also could I dig some up in my backyard or should I buy some from a bait store? And does anyone have any tips? Thanks

My cat is in labor but had only one kitten. How long can this last? [ 1 Answers ]

I just recently got laid off. And cannot afford a vet. She is eating and drinking with no problem. I wonder if he wasborn preemie? Please help

Food Aggressive kitten! [ 25 Answers ]

All right just when it seemed like the sailing would be smooth after getting the cats to accept each other, little Olly has shown a new color. Over the last few days we I haven't had a problem with him eating, which I have been a close part of every time,petting him, helping him get the food. He...

View more questions Search