Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    socratis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 07:30 PM
    Plugged ear for months?
    My left ear has been pluffed for a year now. It started when I had that bad flu last winter. I buzzed and rang for a couple of months and now is just plugged. There is no soarness in myear or throat, even when I had the flu I didn't get a soar throat. I saw a doctor today and he suggested a scan of my head to make sure it isn't throat cancer. I cannot afford this and it is scary. I can't afford to be choosy about doctors though.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 30, 2011, 04:10 AM
    You should be scared of cancer though and if your doctor suggested a scan to detect any cancer, you should have it done. Symptoms as you describe should not go on for a year.
    socratis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2011, 07:00 AM
    Thanks, I do have another weird alternative if you care to listen. I have a wisdom tooth that has grown so big that it cracked a root canal next to it so there must have been an infection between the two. Now this thing is draining (it is grose)for three weeks even on antibiotics. Maybe this is related to my ear problem, I could only hope it would be that easy.

Another option here is that I was on enbrel for arthritis for two years. I stopped the treatment because my white cells were down to 20 rather than 120 or something, I have been off it for 6 months. Maybe this is also related.

I know, have the scan.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 30, 2011, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by socratis View Post
    Thanks, I do have another wierd alternative if you care to listen. I have a wisdom tooth that has grown so big that it cracked a root canal next to it so there must have been an infection between the two. Now this thing is draining (it is grose)for three weeks even on antibiotics. Maybe this is related to my ear problem, I could only hope it would be that easy.

another option here is that I was on enbrel for arthritis for two years. I stopped the treatment because my white cells were down to 20 rather than 120 or something, I have been off of it for 6 months. Maybe this is also related.

I know, have the scan.

You got it, socratis, have the scan and let us know okay, None of this sounds good.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liquid in middle ear caused by shower spray directly in ear. [ 2 Answers ]

I sprayed the shower spray in my ears. The result is I have liquid in my middle ear. I have lost some of my hearing in both ears. I am now using a nose spray prescribed by the doctor. Has anyone else ever done this stupid thing and does anyone know what the outcome might be? Ty ...

I have ear ache in one ear and am a bit deaf in this ear [ 2 Answers ]

Two days ago I awoke with a very painful ear ache. When I push my finger into the opening of my ear hard, I can feel a lump but this is actually in the ear passage and not a spot or pimple but feels like it is blocking the opening to my inner ear. It is sore and also the next morning I was and...

I had my ear cartilage pierced and a while later (like 2 months later) I got a bump, [ 1 Answers ]

2 months ago I had my cartilage pierced.I later got a like bump like thing on the inside of my ear were the piercing goes in and my friend took it off and it bled a bit and she cleaned it and put my ear ring back in.Now my I took my earring off to shower and I noticed it had puss coming out from...

Left ear plugged [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Ever since I was a teenager I think, I can't hear really well in my right ear. When I plug my left ear the noise sounds fading and the voices sounds are different. I feel it is plugged or something maybe sounds like I'm under water. Anyway I'm now 26 and I still feel the same it hasn't gotten...

Plugged ear tubes eas canal tubes don't flap when checked [ 2 Answers ]

When the Dr. checks my ears, the tubes don't move like they're supposed to move. Can surgery be done?

View more questions Search