Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cawad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 04:44 PM
    Homework help
    Can someone PLEASE help with this mass transfer question: as liquid flows across any plate of a distillation column its composition x, changes from the entry concentration x0,to exit x1.The composition at any point is influenced by the passage of the stripping gas at a rate G, bulk flow rate L, and the mixing on the plate by the eddy diffusivity De. If a constant Murphree point efficiency E*mv= y-y1/y*-y1 and can be assumed and a straight line equilibrium curve given by y*=mx+b show that the liquid composition satisfies the equation : De d^2x/dz^2 - V dx/dz - mGV/Lz1 E*mv (x-x*) = 0 where z is the distance measures along the plate from inlet weir, z1 is the distance between the weirs, V is linear velocity and x* is liquid composition in equilibrium...

PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Check out some similar questions!

Hi I need Help IN This Homework please please [ 1 Answers ]

If you have a machine with a 3 year life expectancy and no salvage value – fill in the blanks if you are using Straight Line Depreciation Year % of depreciation 1 2 3 4 5

Homework [ 3 Answers ]

Find the value of the change in a purse that contains twice as many nickels as pennies, 5 more dimes than nickels, and as many quarters as dimes and nickels combined. Express your answer in terms of P, the numbers of pennies.

Homework language homework [ 1 Answers ]

You see well I have this homeworkassighmentthat isdo first thing in the morning so all I ask is that you write down some words in azorean langugauge! Words: Pencil Sharpener Paper Crayon Pen Binder

More homework [ 4 Answers ]

Several years ago, Castles in the Sand, Inc. issued bonds at face value at a yield to maturity of 7 percent. Now, with 8 years left until the maturity of the bonds, the company has run into hard times and the yield to maturity on the bonds has increased to 15 percent. What has happened to the price...

Homework Help [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about solving the following problems: Use laws of exponents to simplify: 5^3/5 * 5^5/10 Multiply (w-g) (w+g) (w^2-g^2)

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.