Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mf32707 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 05:45 AM
    No water at master bath roman tub faucet
    We just purchased a slab foundation house in Florida that was built in 2001. The master bath has a garden tub with a Delta 2 handle roman tub faucet. There is no water at all (hot or cold) to the faucet. I tried replacing the stems in the faucet valves but still nothing. I can't locate shutoff valves for this tub so I had to shut off at the main to do the change. Afterward I disassembled the valves again with the water on and there was no water at all coming into either hot or cold. This same bathroom has a stand up shower that works fine. Any suggestions as to what I might need to do? Would it be possible that there would be shutoff valves for this fixture somewhere else? Thanks in advance for any advice.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 29, 2011, 07:03 AM
    Greetings from Sarasota and welcome to Florida. On slab houses the supplies come up behind the front of the tub and unless the tub valve has internal stops in the valve we install inline stops on the supplies so you don't have to shut the house down to service the valve. Look behind the front, there should be a access panel) for those stops. Let me know what you find. Good luck, Tom

Sep 29, 2011, 07:34 AM
    Tom, Thanks for the quick response. I can't locate an access panel anywhere. Our bathroom has a shower right next to the tub and no visible access panels anywhere (tile walls and floor.) I've attached an image of the layout of our bathroom to help explain.

Attached Images

Eternal Plumber

Sep 29, 2011, 08:12 AM
    Great drawing. Wish I had the application. Did this tub ever have pressure?
    Got to be a way into the supplies. A front panel removal. If you opened the valve with the house water on and got no water out of the valve then the problem's in the supplies and not the valve.
    I don't know of any reason to shut off the water to the valve but that's about all I can come up with. Find a way to access the supplies and get back to me. Good luck, Tom

Sep 29, 2011, 06:00 PM
    Tom, It hasn't worked since we moved in. The house was bank owned so we don't know anything from before we moved in. Any chance at all that they would've run the supply lines through the attic?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 30, 2011, 04:43 PM
    Take a picture of the tub and post it. Milo

Sep 30, 2011, 06:07 PM
    Thanks for the help. It turns out that there are valves underneath the vanity in the same bathroom that run to the tub.

Thanks again for the suggestions
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 1, 2011, 08:11 AM
    Case solved! Thanks for the update. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grohe master bath tub faucet leaks at the diverter [ 5 Answers ]

We have a Grohe faucet in the master bath tub. There is a knob you pull on the faucet to redirect the water to the hand sprayer. All of sudden, now the water leaks out around the knob when it is is the "down" position (water supposed to go to faucet). If you pull it up, sending the water to the...

Problem with hot water faucet in onsuite master bath [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Delta 2530 series faucet in the onsuite master bath that is causing problems. The water pressure drops way down as the water gets hot. The guest bath has great water pressure in both sinks and the kitchen does as well. My husband checked the meter the other day and the meter turned...

Water flow from bath tub faucet not working [ 2 Answers ]

In my bathtub, I have a Moen product with 1 handle which you rotate clockwise to close and anti-clock wise to open water from cold to hot. When you turn the water on and move the handle from cold towards hot, the water stops flowing. Cold water comes fine, but no hot water flows out, it just...

No water coming out of the bath tub faucet [ 11 Answers ]

I tried to turn the water on in the bath tub, but the push pull action isn't working and no water comes out. Could it be a problem with the cartridge (it's a Moen faucet)? Help!

No hot water in master bath tub [ 1 Answers ]

I have no hot water in my master bath, bath tub. What could the problem be?

View more questions Search