Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    t.bean35 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 29, 2011, 01:06 AM
    Simple costing system
    A Pet Corporation manufactures two models of grooming stations, a standard and a deluxe model. The following activity and cost information has been compiled:

Product Number of Setups
    Number of Components
    Number of Direct Labour Hours
    Standard 3 30 650
    Deluxe 7 50 150
    Overhead costs $20,000 $60,000

Required:

Assume a traditional costing system applies the $80,000 of overhead costs based on direct labor hours.

a. What is the total amount of overhead costs assigned to the standard model?

b. What is the total amount of overhead costs assigned to the deluxe model?

AND,

Assume an activity-based costing system is used and that the number of setups and the number of components are identified as the activity-cost drivers for overhead.

c. What is the total amount of overhead costs assigned to the standard model?

d. What is the total amount of overhead costs assigned to the deluxe model?

e. Explain the difference between the costs obtained from the traditional costing system and the ABC system. Which system provides a better estimate of costs? Why?

Sep 29, 2011, 01:08 AM
    That's meant to say:
    Product No. of set ups No. of components. No. of labor hours.
    Standard 3 30 650
    Deluxe 7 50 150
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 29, 2011, 01:11 AM
    Please refer to this announcement:
    Do not simply retype or paste a question from your book or study material

We won't do your homework questions for you.
    You were given the assignment for you to learn.

If you come up with your own answer and post it for us to critique that is within reason.

If you have some SPECIFIC questions that you couldn't find or didn't understand, we may help with that.
    But this is your assignment, so show us you have at least attempted to complete it on your own.

Thank you.

Sep 29, 2011, 01:41 AM
    Lol alryte alryte.. I've been trying to find a way to proceed with this question, but I can't come up with a start. I know the labor hours are the cost driver for the traditional costing system, I just can't seem to find a way how it all relates or how to get them to connect to then assign the right amount to each model. I can not find a example to go off anywhere

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Simple costing system and ABC system [ 0 Answers ]

Lokyer Valley Cooperative (LVC) operates at capacity and processes potatoes into potato cuts at its automated Plant. It sells potatoes to the retail consumer market and to the institutional market which inclused hospitals, Cafeterias and universities' dormitories. LVC's simple costing system has...

Simple costing system? [ 0 Answers ]

Lokyer Valley Cooperative (LVC) operates at capacity and processes potatoes into potato cuts at its automated Plant. It sells potatoes to the retail consumer market and to the institutional market which inclused hospitals, Cafeterias and universities' dormitories. LVC's simple costing system has...

Product cost per pound using the simple costing system [ 1 Answers ]

Please, Help me understand

Job Costing versus ABC costing system [ 0 Answers ]

Question A machine facility specializing in jobs for the aircraft-components market previous simple job-costing system had two direct-cost categories (direct materials and direct manufacturing labour-hours). The indirect cost-allocation rate of the simple system for 2007 would have been $115...

View more questions Search