Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosed4015 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 06:12 PM
    Bad odor, sewage odor after I use washer, It also causes the toilet to gurgle
    Bad sewage odor after I use washer, It also causes the toilet to gurgle, both on the main level
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 28, 2011, 06:16 PM
    A gurgling toilet frequently means a clogged vent stack. A clogged vent tries to vent back through the toilet and that causes your sewer smell. Try rodding from the roof with enough snake to reach roof top to basement plus 20'.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet bowl turns black and smells like sulfur. City sewage. Tank clear no odor [ 0 Answers ]

Background: Recently bought a home. Has a well that seems to be only connected to outdoor faucet. Also has a soft water system but we can't turn it on because a hose to the washer from the soft water unit has no where to connect. We are connected to the city sewage and water system. Question: If...

Bad odor (methane-type) coming from toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I hope someone can help us finally solve our odor issue! About a year ago, we noticed a bad odor coming from the toilet. It smells like methane. Sometimes it is not so bad (can barely smell it) and other times it is HORRIBLE. It usually smells the worst in the morning, especially...

Sewage odor from shower drain and washer drain [ 3 Answers ]

I live in a 2 story home. The master bath shower drain has started to smell horribly of sewage the past few weeks as has the drain for the washer in the laundry room directly beneath the master bath. Both drains only have the odor when they seem to be dry (not in use). I have read several snippets...

Sewage Odor [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older home, built in 1940. The original part of the house is pier and beam. The back addition is on a slab. I have a sewage smell that runs through the entire house. Currently, the back bathroom has been demolished, and just has a towel stuffed down the old shower drain. The kitchen...

Sewage odor [ 1 Answers ]

In the last few weeks, there's a sewage odor from the crawl space beneath our house that has got progressively worse. I tried to crawl under but due to health problems I couldn't get to the back of the house. Now I live in Los angeles, so I know it's not a septic tank issue. I'm afraid to call a...

View more questions Search