Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wmartin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 12:43 PM
    Hyperlink in excel
    Is it possible to create a hyperlink that stays on the current page even if the worksheet tab is renamed?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 28, 2011, 05:27 PM
    Your question doesn't provide enough information.

A hyperlink ON the cell (via CTRL-K to open the hyperlink feature) links to anywhere. The name of the sheet is not relevant.

Text entered into a cell that Excel determines resolves to a hyperlinkable location is creating a CTRL-K type hyperlink.

The =HYPERLINK() formula can link to a different part of the workbook using text strings to create the link. That could fail if the other sheets were subsequently renamed.
    wmartin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 09:26 AM
    Ok, I kind of botched the question. More to the point, is there a "generic" way to do this: Sheet1.Name reference? I want not specifically Sheet1 but "whatever sheet is active now".Name. The isdea is I want to use the tab name to create a filename for saving stuff from the current active sheet. Has nothing to do with hyperlinks, sorry for the misleading question. That was another days problem...

Thanks,
    Bill
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 29, 2011, 10:15 AM
    Have you tried ActiveSheet.Name?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel hyperlink in new window? [ 8 Answers ]

Any idea how to edit an hyperlink on Excel to open up in a new window? Thanks.

Why won't excel let me hyperlink between spreadsheets? [ 2 Answers ]

We have some shared spreadsheets in the office and I am trying to hyperlink between two of them. Basically we have a large spreadsheet of part numbers being used and I created one for actions that need to be done to solve problems with specific part #s. I am trying to hyperlink the two files so...

Create ftp as a Hyperlink in EXcel [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Experts, How can I create a FTP hyperlink in Microsoft excel ?

Hyperlink between two excel pages [ 2 Answers ]

How do I link 2 excel pages in the same document?

Hyperlink in Excel [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Ask me, Could you please tell me how to create a hyperlink In Excel so that it opens a specific word in a Word Document? Thanks, Cris

View more questions Search