Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smallest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 12:40 PM
    I have a study question regarding types of fallacies
    It is morally wrong to cause pain to another person. Therefore, dentists are immoral people.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2011, 01:02 PM
    You ever have an abscessed tooth THAT my friend is pain. The dentist is preventing an abscess from ultimately happening. So no dentist are not immoral.
    raisingale Posts: 71, Reputation: 20

Sep 28, 2011, 01:08 PM
    That's the "Sweeping Generalization" fallacy.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2011, 01:19 PM
    I think it is actually a Faulty Generalization, specifically a False Analogy.

You are arguing an analogy between a dentist performing helpful and necessary medical procedures which can be painful in the short term to physical injury caused by another without medical or positive effect, only to designed to cause harm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which Fallacies [ 12 Answers ]

We can recognize that athletes that participate in sports must be given special consideration within our grading system, or we can let the university sink into athletic oblivion.

Business Question - Ethical Case study [ 1 Answers ]

I have to answer some questions on this case study; I want to see if I am on the right track. This is the case study: Mike Trenach is the owner and President of Digital Imagery and More ltd. The revenue of the business is about 16 million dollars a year. In the past few years, Mike has spent the...

Need desperate help for intermediate accounting case study question! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, need help on this question which is a case study question for Kieso Eight Canadian Edition for Intermediate Accounting Vol 1. The Question is on Page 193 CA4-3 As a reviewer of the Ontario Securities Commission, you are in the process of reviewing the financial statements of public...

What fallacies would this be? [ 1 Answers ]

The President’s agenda has been derailed by out of touch right-wing extremist lies spread by cable media and talk radio.

Question about flux types [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, What type of flux is recommended for soldering copper pipes? I learned to solder quite a while ago and have since then piped a residential kitchen, and an entire commercial kitchen at a local take-out food store (two double sinks, two custom-made over-the-stove ½" pot fillers, and...

View more questions Search