Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbaven Posts: 153, Reputation: -4

Sep 28, 2011, 09:51 AM
    How to make a printer wireless?
    Because my older sister bought a print and I want my sister to hook it up. So I can use with my laptop, and my sister can use for her laptop and computer.
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Sep 28, 2011, 01:35 PM
    No matter what if it's a older printer it has to be physically connected to one PC. After that all you have to do is (on the PC its connected too, assuming your on the same network) allow that PC to share that printer to other devices on the network, have your PC connect too it and you should print perfectly. If you need more detail let me know. I'm rather drunk may be explaining in too broad of terms.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2011, 02:20 PM
    I have a printer that is attached to a USB hub and the USB hub connected to the back of a PC. When I want to connect the printer to my laptop I simply unplug the printer cable from the USB hub, then I connnect the cable to my laptop which is very easy to do.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 28, 2011, 05:11 PM
    Do you have a wireless router?

Sep 28, 2011, 06:12 PM
    Yes I have wireless router. Why do you ask?

Sep 28, 2011, 07:40 PM
    To make sure you can use a wireless printer. Most printers sold today have built in wireless capability. If the printer your sister bought doesn't have wireless capability then there are two ways to go. Either what darkvision suggested; connecting to one of your computers and sharing it or getting a wireless print server abd cinnecting the printer to that.

Sep 29, 2011, 08:34 PM
    My older sister says it have a USB cord for it.

Sep 30, 2011, 03:04 AM
    If your sister is using a USB cord then she is connecting it directly to her computer. For you to share it you need to follow the instructions darkvision gave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to hook up a wireless printer to a computer that doesn't have wi-fi? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a printer that I bought which is wireless only to find out that my computer doesn't have wi-fi capabilities. Can I hook it up anyway or do I need to get a wi-fi card?

Wireless router to wireless printer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Just bought a new computer, wireless router, and wireless printer. Is it possible to set up wireless router to talk to wireless printer? I have no idea how to set everything for them to communicate. :confused: Please Help!! Thank You!!

Connect to wireless printer and wireless router at the same time [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I can connect wirelessly to my router and I can connect wirelessly to my pinter one at a time. If I'm browsing the internet and want to print I have to break my connection to the router and connect to the printer. This is a pain in the .(especially when listening to pandora radio) ...

Wireless Printer and wireless router [ 3 Answers ]

I have a wireless printer, with a wireless router. I set up the printer through my router and the printer connects. But when I go to print it will not. I did a test page from the printer and everything passes. I do not understand. This does the same thing on 2 computers. Randy

View more questions Search