Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbaven Posts: 153, Reputation: -4

Sep 28, 2011, 09:47 AM
    Can I have infection after a month have jaw suregy?
    Because I want to know.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2011, 09:51 AM
    Yes you can, have you been back to who did your oral surgery to express your concerns yet? I recommend you do so.

Sep 28, 2011, 10:00 AM
    Can the infection could be dry blood that sometimes spiting up on?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2011, 10:01 AM
    An infection would include swelling, pain, and possibly yellow or green pus. Do you have any of those?

Sep 28, 2011, 10:08 AM
    Smoothy yes you can have infectons or can the infection could be dry blood that sometimes spiting up on?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2011, 10:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lbaven View Post
    Smoothy yes you can have infectons or can the infection could be dry blood that sometimes spiting up on?
    Dry blood spitting would not indicate infection. Are you caring for this like you were instructed to? I too recommend that you call or visit the dentist who did the dental work.

Sep 28, 2011, 10:15 AM
    Yes, I do brush my teeth and using that mouth wash.

What does dry blood spitting would mean if not an infection?
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2011, 10:21 AM
    Dried blood would result from leakage at the points where incisions were sewn up or had formed at the point of the surgery. Its possible they are just scabs that were breaking up.

Fresh blood would be a different indicator. But as wondergirl and I stated, if you have any doubt, go see your doctor. An infection if it gets into your bloodstream can have serious results, up to and including death.

Better to be safe than sorry. A blood test can be a good indicator of an infection. But there are vusual things a trained eye could see as well.

Sep 28, 2011, 10:28 AM
    I can have scabs in jaw?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2011, 10:33 AM
    The scabs are dried blood that looks like small red things, but are just some old blood oozing from the stitched areas. If the blood is bright red and flowing, you need to call your dentist for instructions.

Sep 28, 2011, 10:37 AM
    But my dry blood look brown or drak brown. Can drying blood stop on it own or should I put something in my mouth do remove it?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2011, 10:40 AM
    How long ago did you have the dental work done?

***ADDED*** I see you had posted it was a month ago. Dark brown blood is okay. Continue to carefully and gently rinse your mouth as instructed. Don't poke around on the spot or try to dig out any dark blood.

Sep 28, 2011, 10:41 AM
    AUGUST 17,2011
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2011, 10:46 AM
    It is still healing. Follow the dentist's instruction. If you are worried about something, call his office.

Sep 28, 2011, 10:47 AM
    I have arch bar in mouth and October 4,2011. The suregoen will put me under and take them off. Will the dry bloods and scabs effect my recovery time?
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2011, 10:48 AM
    As Wondergirl stated... a scab is a lump of clotted and dried blood. They can be dark red or brown depending on age. There will be some at any injury or point of surgery.

Look at them as the bodies way to plug a leak until it has time to heal. Like a bandage does.

If you still see bright red blood, or have something that hurts a lot. You should visit your doctor.

As I said, to be safe.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2011, 10:49 AM
    No, they shouldn't.

Sep 28, 2011, 10:50 AM
    So what are you saying to me?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2011, 10:52 AM
    What have you gotten out of all that smoothy and I have said? What is your understanding?
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2011, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What have you gotten out of all that smoothy and I have said? What is your understanding?
    I don't understand the Arch Bar thing (perhaps to repair or stabilize broken bones in the lower or upper jaw?)... but after a month most of the external healing should have taken place. But I'm wondering if a low grade infection isn't causing problems with the healing process causing a perpetual scab forming while hampering the actual healing under that scab.

The mouth is a hostile environment to have something like that, as in constantly wet, and LOTS of bacteria.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can landlord charge extra $100/month for a month to month lease in PA [ 8 Answers ]

I have been renting in PA for over 5 years now. The past 2 years I have gone month-to-month paying an extra $100 for this month-to-month option. Is this allowable in PA for a landlord to charge extra for going month-to-month after you have been there for at least a full year?

How can I cure an eye infection in my 3 month old kitten? [ 1 Answers ]

My 3 month old kitten has an eye infection in both eyes. I have used warm compresses and have been trying to keep it clean. Is there anything else I can do?

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

Upstate NY Month to Month lease termination- Prorated rent after 1st of next month? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, As a month to month renter in Rochester, NY (outside the city) with no lease, I gave notice on June 3 that I would be moving out on July 1. My landlord proceeded to tell me that I would be responsible for the ENTIRE month of July's rent, even though my 30 day notice would take me to the...

Massive infection under jaw after 3rd molar extraction [ 2 Answers ]

I had my wisdom theet (3) removed about 6 days ago. I knew right after the surgery that one lower one must have made problems since it hurt by far more than the other two extraction sites. I had a little swelling and some pain but about on the 2nd to 3rd day my jawbone (under side), throat and neck...

View more questions Search