Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerseyjoe2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 07:52 AM
    Can I connect my washing machine drain with my shower drain then go to the stack?
    I want to put my washing machine and shower stall in the same room on the first floor.
    Can I connect my washing machine drain with my shower drain then go to the stack?
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Sep 28, 2011, 08:55 AM
    Basic answer is yes, but it also depends on code in your area how to pipe this. Where I am at you must run 3" pipe on the horizonal for the washing machine drain and 2" when it turns to the vertical with a 2" trap and stand pipe to 42" above the floor and vented. The shower would be 2" and vented seperatly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I tie in a shower drain pipe into a washing machine drain pipe? [ 3 Answers ]

Can I tie in a shower drain pipe into a washing machine drain pipe? And does the shower need to have a trap?

How do I connect a new washing machine drain to an old rubber one? [ 2 Answers ]

I just had an old washing machine disconnected in a house I am upgrading. The house was built in the 50s and the washing machine drain (1") was connected to another black rubber drain hose (about 1 1/4) which is buried in the dirt under the crawl space. I found the other end of that drain about...

Proper way to connect washing machine to basement floor drain [ 1 Answers ]

I have a basement floor drain that the washing machine currently connects to. Right now it's connected in unprofessional way involving a length of guttering and basically duct tape. I examined the drain and it does seem to have a p-trap installed and it is vented, however I don't see any...

Vent for Washing Machine Drain Attached to Existing Drain Line [ 0 Answers ]

"Current setup for a washing machine has the discharge hose "hooked" into a laundry tub. Tennants would like something more "permanent." The laundry tub has a normal trap followed by a horizontal run of about 2 feet (2" threaded pipe) then "T's" into a vertical drain/vent. The vent line goes...

Installing Basement Shower Drain with Washing Machine Drain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi folks: I would like to install a shower that drains into the same drain as my washing machine. Right now the washing machine drain, 1-1/2" ABS, comes in horizontally about 12" above the concrete floor into a 1-1/2" Tee on a vertical pipe. From this Tee, the vent goes straight up to the...

View more questions Search