Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bystander_india Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 12:18 AM
    Refugee in South Africa: Travel to India on home country passport
    Hi,
    I am an Indian citizen living in India. My girlfriend, who I met and got close to during my trips to South Africa, is a Somali refugee living in South Africa. We want to get married. Her family is opposed to our relationship due to religious differences. So we plan to come to India where we shall get married. She applied for and got a multiple entry visa to India on her Somali passport (she doesn't have permanent residentship of South Africa so doesn't have a SA passport).
    I want to know whether the South African authorities can stop her from traveling on her Somali passport. I do understand that she may lose her refugee status in SA if she travels on her home country passport, which is fine by us because we plan to get married as soon as we reach India and then we'll process her Indian documents. If she visits SA again, it'd probably be as a tourist.
    Please advise on what are the risks if she travels on her Somali passport.
    Thanks in advance. Look forward to your help.

Check out some similar questions!

Refugee travel document vs home country passport [ 0 Answers ]

Does an asylee have to use his (US issued) refugee travel document to apply for a visa when travelling abroad or he can use his home country passport if he has a valid passport? In case he has to use his home country passport (e.g. the destination country doesn't issue visa on a refugee travel...

I got some fund from south africa to my trust in india [ 0 Answers ]

1)I got some fund from southafrica to my social organization. What are the rules

Travel to South Africa [ 1 Answers ]

Is it ever possinbe to travel to South Africa with a child who is having a Portuguese ID or he will need a passport?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.