Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SKooi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2011, 04:53 PM
    Water leaks from bathroom faucet when aerator restricted
    I have a couple year old two handle bathroom faucet that I'm having an issue with that I don't understand.

When my son is playing or washing his hands, sometimes he puts his hands over the aerator restricting the water flow. When he does this, the water is diverted and ends up coming out the hole between the two handles (under the sink) where the drain plunger actuator cable comes out.

Any ideas why this happens?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 27, 2011, 05:00 PM
    Most likely the water is just running down the spout and under the base of the fuacet. If the fuacet base seal isn't good (plumbers putty or rubber seal) the water will just leak down through the hole in the sink. Another option is the aerator gasket is shot, or the aerator isn't tight enough. Final option, the faucet has a leak internally and would need to be replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a faucet outside that when I turn on leaks water in the basement.What is it? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a faucet outside that is connected to the house. When I moved into the house in December I don't know if it was ever checked. I started to do some gardening today and used the hose that came with the house. It was still hooked up to the faucet. When I turned on the water it seemed to work...

Water leaks at the base of the faucet [ 14 Answers ]

Water leaks through the faucet hole when it is splashed onto the counter. Is there anyway to stop this?

Water shooting out above faucet aerator [ 2 Answers ]

I had to remove the aerator on my kitchen faucet -- no big deal, I've done it before, and put it right back without a problem. But this time, I cannot get it to go back on securely -- water keeps spitting out over the top of it. First, I tried wrapping a rubber band around the aerator, so I could...

Faucet in bathroom shower leaks [ 4 Answers ]

I have taken off everything I can, to get to the washer that obvioulsy needs to be replaced. I don't know how to get to it. I am down to the parts that the rest of fixtures fit into. I tried to turn the part the screw goes into but it won't budge. Help please.

Aerator clean and still no hot water-Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

I have taken the faucets and showerhead off and cleaned and soaked in vinager so just the pipe is coming out of the shower and I still have low Hot water pressure in the Bathroom only Should I start tearing the tile down to get to the pipes ? Or do I need a hot water heater? Please let me know....

View more questions Search