Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dashabunniered Posts: 7, Reputation: 6

Sep 27, 2011, 11:35 AM
    What is the best way to gain self esteem
    People tell my I'm beautiful all the time but I disagree. I don't even think I am worth looking at. I do little stupid things now. Like worry about my weight and I am only 120 pounds. I feel really ugly without make up. What makes it even worst is its my 10th grade year. Guys are looking and I am turning my head. But at the same time I want them to look. HELP!
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2011, 11:59 AM
    There are several possibilities here. I think some more information might help in responding to your question.

Have you always felt you weren't worth looking at or is this a more recent feeling?

Have your looks changed recently? Just as an example, I had to grow into my looks. I was always on the tall side and thin, had red hair and big blue eyes. I never felt pretty when I was young, but in high school I blossomed. I wasn't used to attention from boys, but by the time I was 15 I was getting attention and not quite sure how to handle it.

Are you happy about yourself other than not feeling good about your looks? If not, that's a good place to start. If you feel good on the inside, it shows on the outside.

Do you have friends? Male and female? Feeling comfortable with guys makes it much easier to accept their attention. Try getting to know someone as you would any other friend, having fun, and not worrying about what they are thinking but rather seeing if they are someone you'd like to know.

What kinds of activities are you involved in? If you are active and pursuing your interests, you will also feel better about yourself.

I guess I'm fishing a little here, but it's normal at your age to not feel as confident as you would like. It's good that you are aware of how you are feeling and looking for ways to feel better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Some ways to gain confidence and self-esteem? [ 4 Answers ]

What are some ways someone can gain confidence and self-esteem in a relationship? And why does a person bursting with endless confidence and self-esteem seem to flop when they get into a serious relationship becoming jealous... clingy.. and attached ? Just want to hear everyone's advice on this...

How do I gain self esteem? [ 2 Answers ]

I've never really had it. Some girl just called me elf boy so I apparently look like a boy and elf now to top it off! I been made fun of my whole life in school by my peers and when I was 16-18 finally had my chance to be popular and shine. Now its dead and I want to be dead. Sounds stupid but you...

Security deposit to gain or not to gain? [ 1 Answers ]

Living in Rochester NY. Had a one year lease ready to move . This complex is privately owned corp. Its huge. Leaving Rochester office claims it will send security in one month time. Does this complex have the right to keep the interest my security deposit has gained. In the past living at other...

Self esteem [ 2 Answers ]

On the outside my life seems to be perfect. I have to beautiful girls and a loving husband who has put up with so much from me. I do suffer from depression and right now I can't seem to snap out of it. I was married before and basically gave up everything for him and didn't have support from...

Self-esteem [ 2 Answers ]

Besides the fact that I had been in a relationship for a very long time that I let really break me, or so I still think. I'm not really at the point yet where I see my growth or what I've learned, still, I know I'll get there. MY question is this: What makes a person a worthy person of...

View more questions Search