Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mehnaz85poo Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2011, 06:18 AM
    My son fell yesterday on his back, he fell on hardwood floor not from big height and
    My son fell yesterday on his back, he fell on hardwood floor not from big height and there doesn't seem to be any external brusing. He is playing and laughing with us but every time we pick him up he cries like it seems to be sore under his arms but he fell on his back so I don't know what to do . Should hi have him x-rayd? Could it be his rib cage or simply soreness arm muscles? He is 18months old
    themisfitkitten Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

Sep 27, 2011, 06:46 AM
    Just because you can't see bruising on the outside doesn't mean that there is no muscular bruising, ribs out of place, hairline fractures... And just because he fell on his back doesn't mean he might not be having pain when you lift him under the arms--maybe it pulls on a muscle that he injured while falling.

I'd get him checked out by his pediatrician, or you could even go to one of those quick clinics like MedExpress where they do x-rays on-site. If he's only 18 months old, he probably cannot accurately communicate where and how it hurts ("it feels like something sharp poking my back," "there's a dull sore spot by my armpit"), and it's best to have him looked at by a professional. Hope he feels better!

-tmk
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2011, 11:47 AM
    Are you sure he didn't hit his head too? Medical expertise is certainly warranted in any case.

Sep 27, 2011, 02:45 PM
    thanks a lot for your answer I took h I'm to doctor they said he looks well it could be sore muscle to give him advil.. as he is happy and playful and can move normally only doesn't like us touchign him under the arms so I took him for x-ray and they said everything looked good but I will call my family doctor tomorrow as they will fax the results to her and see update. Thanks a lot for your helpful answer and quick reply:)

Sep 27, 2011, 02:46 PM
    thanks a lot for your prompt reply I had an x-ray done and thorough check up they said all looks good possibly sore muscle
    themisfitkitten Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

Sep 27, 2011, 03:43 PM
    Fantastic! I'm so glad you did the smart thing and had him checked out. He was lucky in this case, but even though kids seem to bounce back from anything, you never know what could happen and you're better safe than sorry. It's great to hear he's doing well, and thanks for the update. :)

-tmk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Matchng ceramic floor height with hardwood [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I will be redoing my kitchen and have the following questions. The main dining area with have 3/3" hardwood. the cooking area will be ceramic tile. I would like the two surfaces to be at the same height. i will be using the Ditra which i know adds 1/8"> but I would like to see what...

One of the small diamonds of my custom made engagement ring fell off yesterday [ 5 Answers ]

The ring is only 6 months old. Is the jeweler responsible for replacing the loss?

Fell for my best friend, everything fell apart [ 4 Answers ]

So, my best friend and I fell for each other. I didn't mean for it to happen and at first tried to put thoughts of her aside as to not risk losing our friendship, but eventually it became this irresistible thing. She broke up with her boyfriend, who had cheated on her, and we got together. ...

Pipe in shower fell in floor hole [ 5 Answers ]

The pcb pipe in extra shower fell in the hole in the floor I can get it out but how do I keep it attached to the metal flang around hole of shower floor.

View more questions Search