Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sethucpp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 05:03 AM
    How to use wifi with old BSNL ADSL(modem+router) for my new reliance Broadband?
    I have BSNL wifi Modem.I am getting Reliance Broadband Connection.The ethernet from reliance does not fit into the
    BSNL Wifi Modem.

1)Do we have any type of "adapter" which acts as the intermediate between relaiance wire and my BSNL wifi modem?

Or

2) Do I have to buy a new Netgear wifi router newly?(I checked that the ethernet from reliance fits into netgear router)
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Sep 26, 2011, 05:19 AM
    There should be a connector for CAT5 or RJ45 on both if not check monoprice.com for your connector. I would consider a newer wireless access point or router if you will get a security or speed boost
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Sep 28, 2011, 07:31 AM
    If its strictly a wifi modem then it may not(though it should) have an ethernet port at all. And my guess is right now your trying to plug your ethernet into the phone line portion of the modem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect Pantech UM175 wireless broadband modem to Belkin Wireless G router [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Pantech UM 175 wireless broadband modem from Millenicom and I am able to hook it up to a laptop running Vista, a laptop running XP, and a PC running XP individually. However, I would like to have it where I can create a network so that any or all of the computers can access the internet...

Changing from a Sagem ADSL Modem to a Wireless Speedtouch DSL Router [ 1 Answers ]

I am running windows XP SP3 using a Sagem ADSL modem.I now wish to run with a wireless Speedtouch DSL and eventually network a laptop. My problem starts when I try to load the software for the router.A popup box tells me the software is not compatible with SP3 and I am led to believe that once...

Broadband Modem & Modem with Router (DSL-2640B) [ 1 Answers ]

When I'm connecting broadband using D-Link ADSL broadband Modem, the connected computer will connect to Internet after verifying username and password. If I'll replace that modem with D-Link DSL-2640B (A broadband ADSL Modem WiFi router) then will this router can connect to Internet automaticall...

ADSL Broadband Router Connection-No LOS [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to install D-Link Broadband WiFi Router. I have to place the router in my drawing room. I want to connect my 3 Computers, which are situated in three different rooms and those are not in line of sight (LOS) with the broadband router, through wireless. Is it possible to communicate...

Wireless router-ADSL MODEM [ 2 Answers ]

I have a HUAWEI Smart AX MT882 ADSL Modem and I am trying to connect through a D-LINK WBR 1310 WIRELESS router unsuccessfully even after following the instructions given in the disk carefully. Tell me how I can connect to the net using these two.

View more questions Search