Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahahaitssteph Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 04:06 AM
    How do I know if my boyfriend cares?
    I just started dating this guy that I've known for about a year and a half. I'm 17 and he's almost 17 too and we go to different schools in the same area. I like him a lot and he says the same about me, but sometimes I believe It, and sometimes I don't. He's a little to obsessed with drama and he likes to instigate fights with people to be funny. And I'm the complete opposite. He just doesn't show his affection towards me as much as I wish he would. He's really sarcastic and I feel like he treats me like just any other girl most of the time. He also talks to a lot of girls and some are my good friends and I know he's just being nice by texting them, but it's starting to bother me. He always tells me that if I flirt with any other guy, he'll get mad. But I feel like he does the same thing..
    Basically, I don't know what to do or if I should ask him about what's on my mind. Help me please!
    looks Posts: 12, Reputation: 5

Sep 26, 2011, 06:28 AM
    Your only 17 do not rush a relationship trust me you have your whole life ahead of you this is coming from someone who got with her husband at 16 and has 4 kids now & could not be happier but I do look back sometimes on my life thinking why did I need to find love so bad at 16 if I was as smart as I am now at 17 I would have put my focus on many other things.do not ever think you can change someone you might be able to make them stop doing one or two things but they always go back to it over time or blame you latter on in life .never think having a baby with someone will change someone . If he does not treat you like number one then he is to young to be in a relationship & has no idea what he wants out of life yet or could be he knowes what he wants & you may not be in the picture.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2011, 08:40 AM
    Only way he is going to know is if you tell him.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2011, 12:09 PM
    I think it's just the age thing,everyone seems to text everyone else these days.the fact that he seems to pick fights,is just attention seeking,showing off... especially in front of mates.The lads all do that as well.

The fact that he texts other girls doesn't mean that he fancies them, it's just because, he can have girls as friends, as well as boys,nothing wrong in that.You must continue to do the same and not be influenced by what he says.

If you don't like the way he treats you sometimes,then perhaps you should move in another cirle of friends,ignoring him for a while... be polite but don't pay him so much attention.

Maybe when he realises that you've not been around so much,he might start wondering where you are and come looking for you,in this case that will show that he does care.

You could just come right out and say how you feel,but if he flatly tells you where to go, then your going to feel a bit of a fool wishing you hadn't said anything.

I'd leave him alone for a while,let him do the running...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 02:32 PM
    He also talks to a lot of girls and some are my good friends and I know he's just being nice by texting them, but it's starting to bother me. He always tells me that if I flirt with any other guy, he'll get mad. But I feel like he does the same thing..
    Basically, I don't know what to do or if I should ask him about what's on my mind.
    You may have know this guy for a while before but you are finding things out about him as a dating partner that you don't like.

If you are afraid to be honest and express yourself then he is not the partner for you. Talk to him, and see if you still think he is a good fit for you, and you don't have to fake it, if you don't like what he says leave and let him run his BS on someone else.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2011, 12:09 AM
    Most of his behavior, you don't really like.

He doesn't treat you like you want.

You like him more than he does you. You expect more. He doesn't.

Maybe he likes having you hanging around, while he could care less. Act out & have you as a backup. C'mpn.
    Not good. For you.

Back off. Let him show you. Better yet, don't wait. He's already shown you.
    He sounds like a jerk. Not your type.

Growing up together doesn't mean you are a couple.

Some guys are cool. You will meet them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend cares more about my best friend then me [ 3 Answers ]

HEY!! My boyfriend seems to care more about my best friend then me, like a friend threw a ball at me and he says if he threw it at her he would get him, I know this is pretty stupid asking strangers on the internet but Im really lost and love him a lot more then I should, Just want him to bee...

I know no one cares [ 17 Answers ]

But it is a sign of the times Why Samoa will lose a day – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs A very symbolic event occurred in the Pacific. Tiny Samoa, who hitherto looked to the US, has decided that its interests lay elsewhere and they have changed the date to prove it. Now I expect this is...

MY boyfriend says he cares? Does he really? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 3 months and some weeks this may not seem long but I don't keep relationships that long they usually last a week or so and then I dump the guy for some reason or another the longest relationship I been in was a year and a half and it only ended due to...

Do you think my boyfriend cares about me at all? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi to all, I've been going out with this guy for about a year now and he is the most confusing guy I have ever met. When we first met everything was perfect and the way we met made me think that it could be "fate" and that this guy was the guy I was going to marry.. But as time went on he just...

No one cares [ 2 Answers ]

I kike doing magic tricks and I show peaple a lot of tricks now when I show them no one is intersested like at schoo no one cares:confused: :confused: I do new tricks on them

View more questions Search