Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princessno1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Brown discharge
    Hi,

I am 27 years old and have been on the pill on and off since I was 15. Sometimes I forget to take a pill and nothing happens to my cycle, but yesterday (Friday) I suddenly got a little brown discharge and I started worrying sick. I did forget to take a pill last Saturday, but since that never affected me before, I don't understand why it should now? It should be said that I didn't take the pill when I noticed I had forgotten it, but I have done that before without getting these symptoms.

I have not had sex since I forgot the pill, so I cannot be pregnant. I even took a test just to be 100% sure. But I now worry that I have some sort of cancer or something terrible like that. I have a doctors appointment on Monday to discuss my options on getting pregnant, since my husband and I wish to start a family soon. The thing is just that right now I can't sleep cause I'm so worried that something is wrong with me.

Can anybody relate to this and maybe calm my nerves a little bit?
    yuccas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 02:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by princessno1
    Hi,

I am 27 years old and have been on the pill on and off since I was 15. Sometimes I forget to take a pill and nothing happens to my cycle, but yesterday (Friday) I suddenly got a little brown discharge and I started worrying sick. I did forget to take a pill last Saturday, but since that never affected me before, I don't understand why it should now?? It should be said that I didn't take the pill when I noticed I had forgotten it, but I have done that before without getting these symptoms.

I have not had sex since I forgot the pill, so I cannot be pregnant. I even took a test just to be 100% sure. But I now worry that I have some sort of cancer or something terrible like that. I have a doctors appointment on Monday to discuss my options on getting pregnant, since my husband and I wish to start a family soon. The thing is just that right now I can't sleep cause I'm so worried that something is wrong with me.

Can anybody relate to this and maybe calm my nerves a little bit??
    I had a similar thing happen to me. I don't want to alarm you but get it checked out immediately.

My doctor thought I had polyps (which I had had in the past) and sent me along to hospital to get it checked out.

I didn't even think about it. I just thought it was a repeat of something I had a few years ago. However, 5 weeks later I was in hospital - had a total hysterectomy. Now am having a subsequent surgical menopause (horrible! )

It was edometrial cancer - usually only occurs in post menopausal women, average age at diagnosis 62 (I was only 41) .

My consultant tells me I am very lucky to be here - If I had waited until I had pain, swelling of tummy or more bleeding, I would have had a belly-full of cancer.

It was so scary - I've always been fastidious about my health, I realise that had I "been too busy" to consult my doctor about something that wasn't even causing me a problem, I might not be here today to see my family grow up.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 5, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Simply put, this is called breakthrough bleeding. Once you forget a pill you have the possibility of spotting to occur.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge [ 5 Answers ]

I am an 18 year old girl! I am on the pill, and in the middle of a cycle of pills but I have a brown discharge and a little bit of blood, it isn't getting better or worse. I would like some advice as I'm not sure what's going on and really really scared. Sorry! But that you for any replies xx

Brown discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I am 13 weeks pregnant, and on hcg injections once a week since sixth week . I had brown discharge some weeks before and the US report showed healthy pregnancy. Now since 3 days I am hving little brown discharge . I am very worried please answer me soon. I am on cmplete bed rest.

What does it mean if I have slightly brown discharge instead of an period and it lasts for about a week?

Hello, I have been on the pill since July and my periods have been all right, me and my boyfriend use a condom every time we have sex, this month I am having like a nasty brown period instead of a red one, what is wrong?:confused:

View more questions Search