Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    b4mjames Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2011, 07:35 AM
    2004 f250 . Runs rough at times and will die while driving, oil smells like diesel ?
    For F250. Runs rough at times and dies while driving down the highway. Not all the time. Oil smells like diesel? At times can smell diesel when we trn off engine. Any ideas?
    thundermobilere Posts: 10, Reputation: 6

Sep 26, 2011, 04:14 PM
    Sounds like o-rings at the injectors are bad. You are going to have to remove each injector and replace the o-ring. That's the only cause for fuel mixing with oil. Also check your fuel filter carefully to make sure that nothing is blocking the return line, that also causes issues

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

86 f250 6.9L Diesel oil pan over filled with diesel [ 0 Answers ]

I found a 86 ford 6.9L diesel not running /primed the fuel system and got it running but ruff/white smoke and missing after running for about 10 minutes. Checked the oil level and found it over 5 quarts overfilled and very dieselly! Changed the oil and got it running but same thing happen. Way over...

2004 f250 diesel [ 1 Answers ]

I have f 250 diesle and it does not want to start when the engine is cold. It will finally start after you spray either in the air system but it seems to be starving for fuel or air. After it starts and gets warmed up it runs good. I think that it might be the turbo. What do you think?

Would it be better to use synthetic oil in my 2004 F250 6.0 diesel. [ 1 Answers ]

Would it be better to use synthetic oil in my 2004 F250 6.0 diesel? If so should I use 5W40 or 15W40? Thank you

7.3 f250 diesel truck, runs rough [ 2 Answers ]

My 2000 ford f250 diesel truck, the service engine soon light comes on then the truck runs rough, goes off and run normal. What could this be?

2004 F250 diesel won't start. [ 2 Answers ]

2004 F250 Diesel powerstroke 6L - While driving, gas pedal went to the floor, but no power. Shortly after, it shut off. With no power steering, I got it to the side of the road. Changed fuel filters. It cranks, but just won't quite turn over. What now?

View more questions Search