Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minda89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2011, 02:31 AM
    I dumped my boyfriend today, but want to know if I did the right thing ?
    My boyfriend and I were dating for two years, he was the sweetest, most caring, kind to his very core and loyal. I love him so much it hurts. But he was so LAZY, when it came to anything with helping me clean, cooking, just basic chores I guess, and he was addicted to his Xbox.

I know he loved me so much, but over time it just got too much for me, and it caused so many arguments, and he would just shrug them off because he knew I would crack, and do it myself. It got to the stage where in less than a year I broke down into tears three times, sick of cleaning up after him and being his mother figure. All three times I said it was over, and I'd had enough, but I loved him so much. He kept telling me how much he loved me, and he won't be lazy anymore, and help me out, he doesn't want to loose me, and he will change for the better.

Three times that happened, and when I moved states to care for my Nana, while he was working in the mines away for three weeks, I got to thinking about how much I hated arguing, and I was sick, and tired of cleaning up after him. So I told him it was over, and now I feel so bad, he broke into tears.

I love him so much and don't want to hurt him. It was so hard to tell him it was over. I love him so much, I didn't want to break up with him, I just wanted him to help out more, I feel like my hearts tearing into tiny pieces. Did I do the right thing, or should I see if its not too late to get him back?
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Sep 25, 2011, 06:56 AM
    Yes, I would say you did the right thing. So many women just put up with that kind of behavior from their boyfriend/husband. You gave him plenty of chances.

Give yourself some time, you will feel better about your decision.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2011, 07:41 AM
    How old are both of you. I am an optimist. If you truly want to give it one more chance. Would suggest counseling for both of you.

If both you and him are willing to give it one more chance. Counseling is a must for both of you. I do not normally say give it another chance. Besides the cleaning issue it does not seem like there were other issues.

Now if this does not help the situation, if it does not work out this time around then by all means breaking up for GOOD is your right decision to make. Is the best option because you do not want to live that way. Right.

You did the right thing but I am making an exception to my advice and thinking one more chance if your both willing to work through things.

Now if he does not change his lazy ways, and he goes back to his old ways is always possible. That will be the risk you take.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2011, 09:15 AM
    First let me say that I don't agree with someone sitting on their backside having playing games while someone picks up after them.

Now if you have really broken off your relationship because you really can no longer take it then you have make the right choice for you. However if you have just broken it off in hopes that he will start helping out then no offense that is a game that maynot work in your favor. I have seen these kind of games and they usually don't last for long term and the other person usually catches on and starts playing their own games. Instead of a relationship it ends up being a game of control.

You have tried to live with him and it didn't work out. You make a decision to move on, so don't start second guessing yourself. Its time to move forward and start the healing process.

Take Care
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 25, 2011, 10:38 AM
    If you cannot come to an agreement on the assignment of chores, then you can hardly stay together. But are your demands reasonable? He is a miner, but I am unclear as to what you bring to the table, as far as income, or working.

Please clarify? And are there children? Who pays the bills? How old are you both?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 25, 2011, 05:36 PM
    If your sick and tired of being sick and tired, it's time to go. You were tired enough to break it off, leave it alone. Get over him and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend mom told me today that my boyfriend was molested as a child [ 4 Answers ]

She asked me to keep it to myself till he tells me one day, we both started to cry, and she feels angry because she didn't know, and if she could, would want to file a late rape charge. It hurts, and I wish he could tell me, and know that I love him no matter what. He recently about 4 months...

Do you think love is the only thing people consider today when choosing a mate ? Why? [ 6 Answers ]

Do you think love is the only thing people consider today when choosing a mate ? Why?

Ok I dumped my boyfriend [ 11 Answers ]

Big mistake I am really scared he said he is sending peoploe round ma house. I can't speak to his family no more. But most of his family is my friends. What do I do?

Boyfriend dumped me [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get over my boyfriend of 6.5 years? He split up with me just before xmas and then said he made a mistake and we got back together. On new years eve he wanted time again. He dumped me a month ago. He said that he cared and loved for me as a sister. He wants to be friends but don't think I...

My boyfriend has dumped me! [ 8 Answers ]

Well what can I say?well my boyfriend dumped me! Aw I know so sad his name was hayden also ryt I moved on well sort of and got a new boyfriend and den he dumped me but my new boyfriend (darren ) has cheated on me 3 times yet each time I told him I loved him and he said he wouldn't do it again but...

View more questions Search