Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjrjmg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Washer drain pipe in trailer
    My washing machine drain pipe is frozen and I seem to be having problems getting it thawed out I need help so I can get the problem fixed and also this is a mobile home:mad:
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Feb 3, 2007, 09:22 PM
    Well, for starters, you could go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get some "heat tape" - that's a tape-like wire that you wrap around the pipe and plug into an outlet. The tape then keeps the pipe warm so it shouldn't freeze.
    jjrjmg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmMP3
    Well, for starters, you could go to Lowes or Home Depot and get some "heat tape" - that's a tape-like wire that you wrap around the pipe and plug into an outlet. The tape then keeps the pipe warm so it shouldn't freeze.

Is the heat tape OK tto put on pvc pipe
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Feb 12, 2007, 01:41 AM
    I think so - read what it says on the package (directions, warnings, etc).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should there be water in the washer drain pipe? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, First off, thanks to all the insightful info on this board! I recently got a newer washing machine. I live in an apartment in a condo building and was experiencing water coming back out the drain pipe. At first my building mangager told me they were experiencing clogs in the...

Drain Cleaner in Washer Pipe? [ 1 Answers ]

Would it hurt anything if I tried pouring some drain unclogger like Liquid Plumber in my washing machine drain pipe? It keeps overflowing, but I don't want to create a bigger problem.

Height of drain pipe for washer [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry, but I think this may be a totally rookie question. Instead of having our washing machine discharge into a sanitary tub I added a T to the drain and made a dedicated drain for the washer. The height of the pipe was only about half of the height of the washer itself. Now, when the washer tries...

3/4" copper pipe for washer drain? [ 20 Answers ]

Parents moved into new ranch style house, and bought new washer/dryer. Drain for washer is what looks like a 1" copper stub with a 3/4" conversion fitting on it. Its about 6" off the ground. plastic bendable hose drain for washer has a rubber gasket-type fitting around it which fits in 2" PVC...

Washer Drain pipe leak [ 5 Answers ]

My washer Drain had a pretty serious leak. It is commomed up with a drain from the suite above me right after the drain trap. The day that it leaked the drains were augered as a part of routine building maintenance. The leak stopped on it's own and hasn't leaked since. Can anyone suggest some...

View more questions Search