Sep 24, 2011, 06:24 AM
    Meditation learning
    Dear sir

How to learn Meditation easily thanks

Saaid
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 24, 2011, 06:47 AM
    I guess in humor my first though is to "think on it for a bit" which is all meditation is.

I suggest perhaps joining a local group. Watching some YouTube videos, reading up on it online.

But it is a matter of practice, of relaxing, cleansing, inward and outward thinking.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2011, 07:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by saaid View Post
    Dear sir

How to learn Meditation easily thanks

Saaid
    Meditation is a very series practice. There are no short cuts or learning it easily.

It takes lots of practice and it takes a lot of time. Start small at first and work your way up.

Now there are so many different types of meditations. Some work for others while others do not. So it is worth trying different forms and types of meditations. One at a time. Then eventually you will discover which one is best for you.

As a teenager I was up to one hour of meditation per day.

Used a mantra for of meditation.
    Sitting in a crossed leg position in a dark room.
    Repeated a word or phrase. Started loud and slowly got quieter. Just stick with the word or phrase to yourself.

Then there are other people that make an effort to relax every part of the body by mentioning it by name. That is done while lying down.

There is breathing meditations when you just focus on your breath.

I could go on but I will not. There are plenty of good books at the library on how to meditate.

Also I learned and started meditating when I joined karate. Karate teaches a form of meditation but I was more interested in the meditation part of it instead of the karate. So I took it upon myself to practice what I learned and expanded on it on my own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compare and contrast face to face learning and distant learning in the business world [ 5 Answers ]

Compare and contrast face to face learning and distant learning in the business world

Distance learning or traditional learning [ 4 Answers ]

which is more better distance learning or traditional learning?:)

The Meditation [ 1 Answers ]

There was a song in the 60's called "The Meditation". It was played on the air in Philly, but taken off because at the end of the song they said "you make me scream" which sounded like "you make me cream". Can someone tell me who sang it? :)

Depression and meditation [ 6 Answers ]

I have not sought doctors advice because generally, the doctors in my area sign everyone off for depression at the flick of a switch. So that wouldn't tell me either way. But I'm pretty sure I'm suffering with depression. My question is: will meditation worsen or help depression?? I have...

Meditation [ 8 Answers ]

OK so lately maybe the last... 8 or so weeks I've been under a lot of stress with all manner of different things and have had anxiety attacks and just cried myself to sleep due to depression and just all the stuff happeing around me.. I think I have coped relatively... badly lol. I don't have any...

View more questions Search