Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2011, 06:40 PM
    What do you think about the new Facebook changes?
    Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg offered a defense of the company's new redesign, soon after its new features were launched.

Although the first polls concerning the redesign have been generally negative, the reaction was essentially anticipated. That's because Facebook executives were asked - twice - at a press conference on Thursday following Zuckerberg's announcement of the new Timeline layout of the company's user pages. The new changes had been announced just moments before, and were barely live.
    Source: PC Magazine - Facebook's Zuckerberg Defends New Facebook Timeline, Ticker
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Sep 23, 2011, 06:53 PM
    Really? No one is going to stop using Facebook because of a redesign.

I; for one, adapt and overcome. No need to worry and fret about small things... like Facebook.
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2011, 06:59 PM
    Semper fi, ITstudent...

Anyone else have any opinions or feedback on the Facebook changes?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 23, 2011, 07:32 PM
    Still trying to get used to it. It actually aggravates me that it seems like every other month they are coming up with a new way to mess you up if you're already used to it. As soon as I get used to dealing with it one way, they come up with something new... But then again, it's only Facebook and it's not a major point in my life that I need to deal with.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 23, 2011, 07:47 PM
    I don't see them yet.

"Facebook rolls out its new features gradually, so not all 800 million users see the updates at once." (Chicago Sun-Times today)
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2011, 07:55 PM
    Someone on the Facebook AMHD Page said the following:

"Perhaps they should have shared with the facebook users before revamping anything. I hate being forced into what someone else thinks is wonderful and I think is just a load of garbage."
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 23, 2011, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffARobinson View Post
    Someone on the Facebook AMHD Page said the following:
    Gee, that sounds familiar...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2011, 11:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Gee, that sounds familiar....
    Wow, it does sound very familiar.

Not crazy over the Facebook changes myself. The chat is messed up. The news feeds within news feeds.

The layout was doing fine, and wake up one day and all is changed.

To be honest though Not using Facebook as much as I used to.
    BK201 Posts: 338, Reputation: 150

Sep 23, 2011, 11:28 PM
    Not bad.. but still, viewing pics interlaced, I don't like it actually..
    By the way, Did you know, press F5 while viewing a pic, and it takes you back to the old style of viewing pictures? Bet everybody knows..
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2011, 01:12 AM
    If you can't beat twitter...

I go with 'if it isn't broke don't fix it'.
    I haven't switched to the "new Ask Me Help Desk" because it doesn't do anything to improve the experience and makes it tougher to use.

Many of my FB 'friends' are switching to Google +. Maybe I'll give it a try.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 24, 2011, 05:38 AM
    I just have to laugh about things like this. Maybe all these social networking sites should include the phraze "stalkers welcome sign up here".

I just think its dumb when they forcefully try to lump people together like it's a good thing.

See this on smart lists.

Facebook Working on 'Smart Lists' that Auto-Organize Your Friends? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

May I use Facebook? [ 1 Answers ]

As u know often a bad page against our Holy Profit (PBUH)has been created by non muslims. But administration of Facebook does not take any action to delete that page. Now *** guide me what should me do??

Facebook ? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know a link to find out who has been reading my profile on Facebook? The ones I've tried all re-direct me to survey pages xx thanks xxxx

How to use Facebook [ 1 Answers ]

How to use Facebook?

Facebook [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to logon I put in my password. A statement says I can't get in due to Abusive behavor.. this is crazy... I'm a senior citizen and a goal to connect to friends And former employees... every time I fell in that test where you copy the letters, it Still doesn't work. I'm so...

View more questions Search