Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2011, 05:58 PM
    Will I encounter any problems replacing 17-inch tires with 16-inch?
    Replacing 17 in. Tires and wheels with 16 in. Tires and wheels,will this mess anything up like speedometer out of sync? Will computer compensate, and all is OK?

Or is it a mistake?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2011, 08:14 PM
    What you want to do is keep the same outside diameter.
    Rim size is not that important except the offset, and fastener arrangement. Be sure that is right or it WILL "mess" things up.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2011, 08:28 PM
    Thanks, kitch428

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you replace a 4 inch cast iron soil stack with 3 inch pvc? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently purchased a home built (I'm guessing) in the early 1900's. I noticed a leak in my basement coming from the old 4 inch cast iron soil stack running from my second floor bathroom to the basement. There is water dripping down the pipe to the basement. Three plumbers have come out to...

How to install 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Vanity Backsplash [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a new 72 inch long Marble vanity in my bathroom. It came with a 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Backsplash. How do I install this backsplash? Do I just put an adhesive behind it? What about the gaps? How do I fill the gap of the top of the backsplash where it hits the...

Jeep 33 inch tires [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1995 4 cylinder, stock gears, auotomatic jeep wrangler. Im looking to put a 4 inch suspension lift, and 33 inch tires. Will the jeep be sluggish with 33 inch tires?

Replacing 17 inch monitor with 19 inch [ 3 Answers ]

I wish to replace my 17 inch NEC LCD monitor with a Staples 19 inch LCD monitor My computer is a Gateway Do I need to change any settings as the monitor keeps switching off

View more questions Search