Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2011, 09:20 AM
    The debates - snicker, snicker
    Hello:

From the wingers present at the debates, we learned that execution is to be applauded, sick people should die, and gay soldiers should be BOOED.

Any right wingers have anything to say about that? I'd be ashamed if I was you.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2011, 09:37 AM
    I am ashamed of them, booing ( is that a word ?) any soldier who fights for our nation should be honored.

The death penalty is another issue, I am strongly against the death penalty but it is a strongly supported. So yes if you are anti abortion, but yes on death penalty, you are a right winger.

I can't put the two together in my mind one death is wrong, the other is OK, but the liberals do it the other way, abortion is OK, death penalty is wrong,

Where are people who think any needless killing is wrong.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2011, 10:42 AM
    I'm not ashamed at all . I wasn't in the audience at any of the debates . Unless you want ownership for the actions of everyone from your side then get rid of the idea that the actions of the audience of these debates represent me . I think it was the Ronulans anyway.

I have a different problems with the debates ;they've sucked and it's getting late for serious candidates to get their game on.

I've been trying hard to find a reason to support Perry and have not found it yet. Fred Thompson is an interesting comparison because they both seem really disinterested .Perry gets worse as the debate goes on. But the difference is that I was firmly behind Thompson's platform. Perry has some I like ,but also some disqualifiers... (one of them not being his stand on the death penalty) .

I also think Fox chose an ill conceived gimmicky debate format . I was disappointed at how little time was allocated to foreign policy in the week the kabukie theater of the absurd dictators premiered here in NY .

I also don't think other candidates get a fair shake in the time allocation. The 3rd tier candidates were fill in between the goofy exchanges between Romney and Perry. The whole cast had better do better because the President, if nothing else ,knows how to spew pablum.

Thaddeus McCotter just dropped out of the race... Who ? You might ask... He's a Republican Congressman ,a solid conservative with a real grasp of foreign policy who consistently gets elected in the People's Republic of Michigan... which means he attracts the Reagan Democrats . I have heard him interviewed often and he would've brought the level of debate up quite a bit . But he was never invited to participate ;even in the Fox debate . I was shocked to learn that he wasn't there but Gary Johnson was .
    This race is getting stale in a hurry . Preseason is almost over and the roster needs tweeking . The Republicans need new blood . Bring on Christie ;bring on Palin . Let the fireworks begin.
    WVFrustrated Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Sep 23, 2011, 10:58 AM
    Fr_Chuck - part of prob with your dilemma is that abortion isn't exactly "needless," at least for the large majority of those who seek it. It's a tough decision not taken lightly.
    On death penalty, I'm not quite against it. Example - Davis' was a travesty but another execution same day in another state I strongly approve (bigoted murderer who killed by dragging victim behind truck). Problem with death penalty is that way too often there are too many questions as to guilt or "fair" application.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2011, 11:02 AM
    Well the big distinction in the 2 would be loss of innocent life (abortion ) opposed to the erradication of a predator who has served notice on society .
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2011, 11:33 AM
    The right and the tea party always keepin' it clASSy. I can't wait for them to start spitting on soldiers.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2011, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    The right and the tea party always keepin' it clASSy. I can't wait for them to start spitting on soldiers.
    Yeah, like wanting to "take out those sons of b*tches" and calling your neighbors "terrorists." The left is always much classier.
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2011, 04:09 PM
    Ok, first of all I seem to recall you excon, are the biggest Ron Paul supporter I know (the insured question). Secondly, I watched the tape. One idiot booed the soldier, maybe two. But why should facts
    Matter when you demonize us all just for the hell of it.
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    But why should facts matter when you demonize us all just for the hell of it.
    Hello again, Steve:

It wasn't for the hell of it... Ok, yes it was.. I DID interest me that nobody on stage said one word to the soldier, except giving him sh1t.

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2011, 04:58 AM
    It surprises you that conservatives tend to be against gays in the military? Does it also surprise you that Obama is against gay marriage? No, you know and neither are news. I believe your source article was about the day they booed a soldier, but THEY did not boo a soldier, a couple of morons did. It's unfair to pin that on all of us because of a couple of boobs.

No, the real story is that a Fox debate made the candidates confront the issue in such a disarming manner. It was certainly no softball from the 'propaganda wing of the GOP' I believe it's called.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2011, 05:28 AM
    It's unfair to pin that on all of us because of a couple of boobs.
    Wait a minute, isn't that what you do every day here? Find something a boob liberal did and assign it to all liberals?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 24, 2011, 05:50 AM
    Could this be the true liberal mentlity? All talk and no facts just bloated egos.

Vile Comments Lead to Bar Fight Between Bristol Palin & Heckler | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2011, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Could this be the true liberal mentlity?? All talk and no facts just bloated egos.
    Hello dad:

Yeah, that's like all the liberals I know..

excon
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 24, 2011, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello dad:

Yeah, that's like all the liberals I know..

excon
    Lol. Throwing blanket statements out when people are always going to be people gets us in trouble every time. ;)
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2011, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Wait a minute, isn't that what you do every day here? Find something a boob liberal did and assign it to all liberals?
    Dude, I have zero tolerance for your nonsense. Find someone else to stalk and spread misinformation about.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2011, 06:56 AM
    Hello again,

It's not often that I agree with Bill Kristol... But, even a dead clock is right twice a day.. After watching the debate, this is what he said, "Yikes!! ..Most won't express publicly just how horrified — or at least how demoralized — (we) are."

I must also point out the utterly despicable behavior of Rick Santorum... That brave gay soldier he put down is doing something Rick Santorum has NEVER done - put his life on the line to defend our freedoms and our way of life.

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2011, 07:03 AM
    I didn't say I wasn't horrified by the lineup, I just pointed out your source was loose with the facts. We don't boo the men and women that defend our country.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2011, 07:14 AM
    We don't boo the men and women that defend our country.
    Hello again, Steve:

Clearly, you DO. And, I didn't use a source. I used my EARS.

Instead of denying that you HAVE those nuts, why don't you put them in their place?? That's all I'm really asking.. As long as you DON'T, one is left to suspect that you AGREE with them...

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2011, 07:55 AM
    Dude, I have zero tolerance for your nonsense. Find someone else to stalk and spread misinformation about.
    Please stop stalking me. Thank you.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2011, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Please stop stalking me. Thank you.
    Dude, keep at it. Eventually everyone will tire of you getting their threads closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Country First - snicker, guffaw, BWA ha ha ha. [ 45 Answers ]

Hello wingers: If 72 year old John McCain held his country first, why would he choose a neophyte to be his running mate? I'll tell you why. Because she appeals to his base - not his country. He's doing this because he wants to win. That means ME FIRST, country second. In fact, if you look...

Up Coming Debates [ 4 Answers ]

I heard on TV that there will be a couple of televised debates upcoming before the Michigan(?) or Nevada(?) or So.Carolina, elections, but I didn't write down the dates. Can anyone tell me when these debates are? I feel certain both debates are this coming week. Cordially, :)

Debates galore! [ 31 Answers ]

This is a discussion purely for arguing with each other. Do whatever, just be a good sport about it. Second question: "Should you go out of your way to help people who bury their own graves?" Here would be an example of the preceding question: "A person drinks, does all sorts of drugs,...

Input: When Debates Erupt [ 29 Answers ]

Ok, let's hear y'all's input. Asker asks for opinions and users give them. ... then members get into a debate over who's right and who's wrong (remember, the asker is asking for opinions). Recognizing the goal of the site to be a repository of answers, how far should these debates be...

View more questions Search