Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Feb 3, 2007, 03:44 PM
    2000 Ford Explorer - Limited Edition
    Our 2000 Explorer has the check engine light on - We had it checked and the problem noted is the EGR valve - Went to the auto parts store to get it and it is an OEM part - Problem is that in the parts supply it lists that the car has 3 different EGR valves listed so I do not really know which one(s) to replace.
    Anyone have any idea which one should be replaced or where I can get the parts NOT from a dealer? I will try to clean the old ones for now and unclog them.
    Thanks...
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Feb 3, 2007, 04:54 PM
    There is a number stamped on the egr valve, you should be able to match up the right
    One from that #. Also can take the bad valve to the dealer and visually match it up.
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Feb 4, 2007, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandy-1
    There is a number stamped on the egr valve, you should be able to match up the right
    one from that #. Also can take the bad valve to the dealer and visually match it up.
    I certainly appreciate that advice. From the parts manual there are 3 and I do not know which one to pull. I currently do not have a book but will visit the library today to read up on it or order one from the (Yikes!) dealer on Monday...
    Thanks for the response... :)
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Feb 4, 2007, 02:30 PM
    I think you might be seeing that there are 3 different ones available for your motor.
    There is only one installed on your Explorer.
    You can pick up a HAYNES repair manual at most big auto parts retailers for about $ 15-17.
    In there it will show you the location of the valve, it is usually held on by 2 bolts or nuts.
    On it a number will be either stamped/embossed/engraved.
    Best thing is to take off the valve and to the dealer, they will be able to get you the right
    Replacement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

98 Ford Explorer ac problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 98 Ford explorer with 5.0 V8. Last year I experienced ac problems where it just quit blowing cold. I read forums on the internet about the accumulator being wrapped and rusting (which mine was pretty bad), so I replaced it. After I recharged the system it worked fine for about 3-4 weeks...

2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer [ 1 Answers ]

"Hello, I have a 2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. It has the control On the rear view mirror that when activated, allows you to keep The headlight switch on all the time. There's a sensor that then Activates the headlights automatically when it gets dark and Shuts off the lights when it is...

I am looking for information on creating limited edition prints. [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for information on what I will be needing to know, when creating limited edition prints from high quality digital image computer files. People really interested in helping, can see what I will be making available at the artdeskinc web site. In particular, I'm interested in...

Harry Potter Limited Edition IPOD [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to find out exactly how many Harry Potter Limited Edition Ipods were actually made? I called Apple headquarters and their answer was "that is proprietary information that we cannot disclose". Out the door it's around 600 bucks and before I spend that kind of money on one, I'd...

A/C on a 98 Ford Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a new engine put in my '98 Explorer and now the a/c doesn't work. When I talked to the service manager at Ford I was told that they didn't go near the a/c and that they weren't responsible for fixing it. This is what they told me was wrong with the a/c; I needed a new accumulator,...

View more questions Search