Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Urine Tests
    The past year or more every single time there has been a urine test. Keytones have been found.

Doctors do not see any significance in this.

Anybody know about keytones? The process and what they are for?

Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 20, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Ketones can indicate a few things like diabetes, as you know. They can also be found when you aren't eating properly. They appear with anorexia, high protein or low carb diets.

Just to name a few.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2011, 03:30 PM
    Along with what J_9 said, this is from holisticonline:

"Ketones are mild acids, a sort of reserve fuel released from burned fats for survival under conditions of starvation. When we go without food for even a few days our bodies begin living off our stored fats, and these release ketones.

During ketosis, the body switches from using glucose for energy (sufficient dietary carbohydrates are not available) to using fat. Fatty acids are then released into the bloodstream and converted into ketones. The ketones themselves are produced by the metabolism of fat.

Ketosis refers to the process of the conversion. The ketones are used by your muscles, your brain, and other organs as an energy source. Excess ketones are then eliminated during urination."

http://www.holisticonline.com/remedi...nd-ketosis.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Urine tests [ 1 Answers ]

How many hours later does a bottle of white wine show up in your urine if tested by a sophisticated hospital laboratory?

How it is possible for someone to test negative on a simple urine test and positive on the standard test?

How long do pills such as vicodin, percocet, oxycodone any type of opiate stay in your urine or can be detected in a urine test?

Urine tests [ 6 Answers ]

How long will alcohol be detectible in a urine test? I had a toast on Christmas Eve ( a few sips, so 14 dryas ago) and am having a urine test done, today. Will this show up? Also, how long will marajuana be detectible in a urine test? I smoked a little the second week of November (for the...

Blood tests or urine tests? [ 2 Answers ]

I usually have irregular periods. They sometimes come every month, and sometimes a/f doesn't come but every other month. I have never gone three months without a/f. I took 4 pregnant. Tests. All urine home pregnancy tests. They all came out negative. I am wondering if I take a blood test, can...

View more questions Search