Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blossoms1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2011, 05:36 PM
    Change jurisdiction child custody from one state to another
    I've been having problems with my ex-wife; I've won custody over my two children's 2 1/2 yrs. And the court is originally in California; I've been residing here in reno, for 3 yrs. And the my children's for 2 1/2 yrs. I want to change my jurisdiction from California to Reno, NV. What do I need to do or what form to use and I would like to get this started as soon as possible. My ex wife is very abusive to my children's mentally and I just found out from the phychiatrist that my son opened up and said mother put me into a cold water tub and I hit my head on the faucet while she pushed me in; child services said there is nothing they can do since it happened in California? What kind of law do we have?
    blossoms1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2011, 05:37 PM
    Change of jurisdiction from one state to another I have my kid's
    I've been having problems with my ex-wife; I've won custody over my two children's 2 1/2 yrs. And the court is originally in California; I've been residing here in reno, for 3 yrs. And the my children's for 2 1/2 yrs. I want to change my jurisdiction from California to Reno, NV. What do I need to do or what form to use and I would like to get this started as soon as possible. My ex wife is very abusive to my children's mentally and I just found out from the phychiatrist that my son opened up and said mother put me into a cold water tub and I hit my head on the faucet while she pushed me in; child services said there is nothing they can do since it happened in California? What kind of law do we have?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 19, 2011, 05:44 PM
    In short if she (the mother) still lives in California then you will have to address it there if that is where it originated from.

Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction And Enforcement Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as child services from your state crossing a state line that they can not do. It would have to be from California CPS to get involved and not the one from Nevada since it occurred in California.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 19, 2011, 06:26 PM
    I have to agree, we are sorry you are having these problems.

To move the jurisdiction, both parents and children have to reside out of the first state. So if you and the mother both have moved out of California, then you can change it to where you are now at. If she is still living in California, that is where it will remain unless of course the mother would agree to the move.

You can of course use the abuse and the statements made to attempt to take away any visitation rights or make any visits supervised ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody change for teen / child support / Moms moving out of state [ 5 Answers ]

The ex is moving out of state and our 16 yr old is going to live me, she does not want to change custody and wants to "send" back my child support and pay me an amount of which we can agree upon. Should I demand in custody? If so could I win just because he wants to live here and not move...

Change of custody of minor child while on probation in another state [ 1 Answers ]

My 14 year old step daughter is on probation in Missouri. Her mother emailed me telling me we need to come get her before she ends up in jail. She is on probation. We live in another state. How would we go about transferring her probation?

How do I change jurisdiction to my home state of WV? [ 2 Answers ]

Divorced in 2008. Domestic Violence injunction against Ex-husband who became more crazy after divorce. 2 Children in which I have sole parental custody. He was charged with stalking by the state of Florida where we lived at the time. I agreed per my lawyers advise to sign a Joint stipulation to...

No custody order and out of state jurisdiction [ 9 Answers ]

Ok I lived in Oklahoma from the time my daughter was born until this past October when I moved to flee a very emotional abusive situation. My husband helped me pack my things into a friends van and move. He was currently in a online relationship with someone so he didn't care that we left. My...

Custody modification and change of Jurisdiction [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have primary custody of my daughters. Their mother has visitation in the summer months. This past school year they were allowed to stay with her at their request. Now, there are numerous investigations going on involving child abuse, neglect and even sexual abuse. I want to modify the...

View more questions Search