Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sibleyce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2011, 03:28 PM
    95 f150 drives mile then dies
    I have a ford f150 95 and after 2 or 3 tries she turns over, then she will drive for about half a mile to a mile then the check engine light comes on and she dies. It will take about a day or 2 for her to start again, now she won't even move 20 feet before she dies. I have had the following done: oil change, ignition coil, starter, fuel filter,voltage regulator, engine modulator. Please help me understand what is wrong.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 19, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Does it die only after its under a load or if it just sits there will it also die? Does it give any indication its going to die or does it just shut down like you turned the key off?

When is the last time you had your EGR checked?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2011, 06:09 AM
    . Check for codes.

. Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM).

. Replace the spark plugs (Motorcraft only), if they have not been changed in 3 years or 40,000 miles, whichever comes first.
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Sep 20, 2011, 09:20 PM
    Check the fuel pump relays and there should be a box of some sort attached to the steering column underneath the dash check to make sure that it is properly secured, would it be safe to assume that the truck has at least 150,000 miles on it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long is a mile? [ 4 Answers ]

How many can a normal person run within a mile?

1 mile walk [ 8 Answers ]

Could you please tell me the minutes it should take for an average 55 year old female to walk 1 mile? Thank you!

91 honda hatch back problems drives & dies [ 1 Answers ]

I drive a 1991 Honda civic hatchback, automatic d15 duel point. As I drive it everything is good but as I go about 8 to 10 miles it starts to stall out my rpm’s drop and it shuts off it will first start sputtering and it will back fire then turns off I pull it to the edge of the road start it...

View more questions Search