Feb 3, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Key won't turn in car ignition
    Key won't turn in car ignition
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Feb 3, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Replace lock cylinder
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Feb 3, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Does it go in easily and has it always worked? What position is the steering wheel in? Try gently pulling the steering wheel one way or the other while trying to turn the key. Sometimes the column will bind on the lock cylinder if you have the wheels turned and you shut it off. Then when you take off the foot brake or hand brake the car will roll forward or backward causing it to bind... Let me know if that helped..
    darley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 12:16 PM

We've tried rocking it while turning the key and moving the steering wheel, that's not working either.
    darley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 12:31 PM

Finally the key turned over! I think it was because of the anti-theft system. A friend unhooked the battery and after that it cranked. Maybe the anti-theft system reset? So glad not to have a huge car repair bill again. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Key stuck in ignition [ 2 Answers ]

When I turn off the car the key will not pull out from the ignition. The wheels will turn when they shouldn't. Any ideas?

Key won't turn after installing new ignition lock cylinder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I own a 1996 honda hatchback. My car required a new ignition lock cylinder. I ordered one off line and went about replacing it. I managed to get it installed. But my problem is after I connect the ignition switch to my new ignition lock cylinder my car won't allow me to turn my key all...

Spare key does not turn in the ignition [ 5 Answers ]

First of all I would like to say hello and I am new to Ask Me Help Desk Forums. My problem started with the key breaking in half while it was in the ignition. I was on my way home, parked, and turned the engine off. I then pulled the keys out of the ignition. As I was getting out of the...

Turn key & get "click" a few times then the car starts [ 8 Answers ]

Hello Car Experts! Need you expert opinion on this problem I'm having with my 95 Avalon: When I turn the key it clicks about the first 6 times and finally it starts after that. What causes this? (Starter, battery cables, Alternator?) Would appreciate any advice

Turn ignition key: it just clicks [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1982 dodge D150 with a straight 6 auto and someone messed with it and know when I turn the key all it dose is click how do I fix this problem

View more questions Search